Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by Olroda » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Re: Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:Unless Beringar gets assistance from a comrade, it really is a long shot.
Well, I guess it is in poor Beringar's interest to do something else, then. I've updated my earlier post, WotE.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:15 pm

I checked around a couple of other online games, and it looks like Danhem has been busy with real life for the last week or so. Since we haven't heard anything for Ulric, I'll assume he scampers to put the bell tower between him and the Tar Fiend.

No more orders please; we're in resolution...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:06 pm

danhem wrote:OOC: Can Ulric cast the Anthracite Sufferance over Dorgans head to hit one or two werewolves?
Sorry Danhem, I was in the middle of posting the outcome as you posted.

FWIW, the sufferance is an area effect and is treated much like color spray. You'd first dice to see how many targets are affected, then the nearest to you are affected first, shielding those further back.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by sully » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:11 pm

When Dorgan can spare the time for a quick glance down into the courtyard, can he even see Gustave?
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by danhem » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:14 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:I checked around a couple of other online games, and it looks like Danhem has been busy with real life for the last week or so. Since we haven't heard anything for Ulric, I'll assume he scampers to put the bell tower between him and the Tar Fiend.

No more orders please; we're in resolution...
Sorry Ways. I posted here a while back that I'd be out of the country until June 5. I have had Internet now and then and have posted when I could (because I can't help myself). Apologies for the confusion.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:56 pm

sully wrote:When Dorgan can spare the time for a quick glance down into the courtyard, can he even see Gustave?
All Dorgan sees at the quick glance he can spare is, maybe, a shadowy movement in the fog... it's probably not known to Dorgan that Gustave might be in trouble (or otherwise).

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:01 pm

danhem wrote:Sorry Ways. I posted here a while back that I'd be out of the country until June 5. I have had Internet now and then and have posted when I could (because I can't help myself). Apologies for the confusion.
No problem danhem; I somehow overlooked your out-of-contact notice when you originally posted it, but I see it plain as day now. Thanks for the reminder!

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:06 am

Hmm, I think I may have screwed up; Dorgan should probably have hit with a throw of 13. My head must have been in "normal combat" mode where he would need a 14 to hit AC6. My apologies Sully, I will review that when I get back to my notes after work tonight.

Dorgan won't have slain the werewolf even with a hit, however. But he might give it something to think about.

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:06 am

Happy birthday, mgtremaine!
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:07 am

mushgnome wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Highbough can't see Gustave, or anything down in the courtyard. But he can see Beringar, Dorgan, Wen and Josiane and their werewolf opponents who are still upon the wall. All these are within Choke or Hold range. Remembering that werewolves are 4 HD, heroic types...
... meaning what, they get a save vs. Choke and are immune to Hold Person?

If any werewolves break out of the melee and present an easy target, Highbough will apply the Choke.
Choke (affects: 1 person, duration: special, range: 6") Holds a single normal man-type--or a single heroic man-type who fails to save versus petrification--within range and sight immobile, choking and gasping for air. The choking lasts for so long as the warlock continues to concentrate. Should the warlock so wish it a normal subject--or a heroic subject who fails a second save versus petrification--can be completely choked and slain after three turns.

Hold Person (affects: 1 or 1-4 persons, duration: 1-6 turns + 1 turn/level, range: 12") 1-4 man-types are held immobile if they fail a saving throw versus paralysis. If a single man-type is targeted his saving throw is penalized by –2.

Man-types are all men and other creatures of same basic proportions including androids, cavemen, dwarfs, elves, gnolls, gnomes, goblins, halflings, hobgoblins, kobolds, lizardmen, mermen, nixies, orcs, and pixies. The majority of man-types are also normal-types but exceptional individuals can be heroic- or superheroic-types instead.

Meaning; Hold Person could affect up to 4 werewolves if they all failed their saving throws.

You could also safely target them even engaged in melee, as no "physical contact" is required; it all happens in Highbough's mind.

Return to “Hinterlands”