03 - To the Shadowmoor

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post by doctorx » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:43 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

okruse wrote:Phadian

Wakes up, checks his bandages, stands up, takes a few tentative steps around.

"That is healing nicely, what is for breakfast?"
Hagwen

"Goblin," replies Hagwen grimly; "Bunch a' the little snot-rags went inta the marsh about 'alf-a-mile that way, or so their tracks sez. Let's get after 'em - ya can eat breakfast while ye hobble."

Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:58 pm
Location: Inside your dice bag, stealing your dice

Post by CursedDice » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:27 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

okruse wrote:Phadian

Wakes up, checks his bandages, stands up, takes a few tentative steps around.

"That is healing nicely, what is for breakfast?"
Coln

Frog legs, that's what!
doctorx wrote:
Hagwen

"Goblin," replies Hagwen grimly; "Bunch a' the little snot-rags went inta the marsh about 'alf-a-mile that way, or so their tracks sez. Let's get after 'em - ya can eat breakfast while ye hobble."
Aurora

ROOF ROOF!

Coln

Aw great, now you got her addicted to goblin! After all the work I went through to get her off kobold... Anyways, let's go!
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Posts: 336
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post by okruse » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Phadian

Fishes some jerky and dried fruit out of his rations and starts eating.

"Agreed, lets go hunting! <starts walking in the direction Hagwen pointed, looks back and smiles> You guys coming?"

Posts: 2041
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer packs up his camp gear without a word and indicates he is ready to hunt goblins by standing ready, his new bow in hand.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

The camp is broken down in short order and everyone seems ready to move on. At that point Rik the Porter speaks...."Um, maybe I should stay here with the Mule, ya know so yous can move faster." He looks with some apprehension at the Shadowmoor. "Maybe not here, but maybe back a ways, you know."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=55]The Grey Company[/f]

Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Post by merias » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Alrik
mgtremaine wrote:The camp is broken down in short order and everyone seems ready to move on. At that point Rik the Porter speaks...."Um, maybe I should stay here with the Mule, ya know so yous can move faster." He looks with some apprehension at the Shadowmoor. "Maybe not here, but maybe back a ways, you know."
"Nonsense, there is nothing to be afraid of, we can handle anything," Alrik puffs his chest and does his best to assure Rik that he is in capable hands.

"Anyway, you are well paid..but let me see...12GP a month, and I'll consider sharing any of my spoils from this little adventure, that is, if you are shown to be worthy..."
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:15 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Rik slowly nods his head. "Ye Sir, Of course I just thought...." He concludes in a mutter, hoists his burden, and falls into place. The whole party moves out skirting the edge of the Moor until they come to the trail Hagwen points out. The trail is but one finger of many such small trails that join up over the next few miles becoming something you all call the Goblin Road. Of course it is not really a road but it is easy to follow and it progresses deep into the Shadowmoor.

eAsp:roll 1d6
mgt's roll comes to 2 [2 on 1d6]

Progress along the Goblin Road is quick but it is very difficult to survey the surroundings at times as the road plunges through the high grasses which completely obscure any view you might have. The party slows down a bit and proceeds with some caution after recalling the Vroat attack and realizing that stumbling into a goblin camp would probably be a mistake. Coln and Hagwen trade off leading both seem rather skilled a tracking and moving with some stealth. So after many hours Coln calls a halt and points out that there might trouble ahead. It the smell really that warns you first.....

Over to 04 - Ruin in the Moor
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=55]The Grey Company[/f]

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.