(047) The Lonely Abbey

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:01 pm

(047) The Lonely Abbey

tonneau wrote:
"Well said my good dwarf" replies Gustave, as the group gather their winnings, "as to the beast", he adds, turning to Wen, "I know not what it was, but ash went before it and it had a gaze most fell - indeed it reminded me or my great aunt Gonnie, she was fond of the weed and could stare down a beholder."

He nods toward the main hall with a shapely head, "Therein lies a great pit of tar, from whence it came. I say we do as our good dwarf suggests and find our wayward comrades before we make out next move."

"Our giant made us a new path down here that will take us around outside - last I saw them they were jumping out of a window over there somewhere", he continues, drawing forth his blade and turning toward the entrance to the abbey, "Oh? you didnt know we had a giant...well..."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:30 am

(047) The Lonely Abbey

mgtremaine wrote:
Wen lets Gustave's words rattle around his head for a moment. "Tar and ash, ash and tar... This place is certainly inhospitable. We need to divert a river through here to give it a cleaning... I wonder, if only we had that much water. Lead on."

Wen would store his loose equipment and be ready to run if it comes to that.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:54 pm

(047) The Lonely Abbey

mushgnome wrote:
"Good plan: follow the trail of rubble left by the... giant?!? I can scout ahead unseen," volunteers Invisible Highbough.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:58 pm

(047) The Lonely Abbey

tonneau wrote:
mushgnome wrote:"Good plan: follow the trail of rubble left by the... giant?!? I can scout ahead unseen," volunteers Invisible Highbough.
"As you will" replies Gustave to the phantom presence only slightly dismissively, adding "...but be sure to make yourself known well before you are upon us if you return - this place makes my sword arm twitchy", as he strides off toward the ruins of Giant Guntrum's rampage.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:20 pm

(047) The Lonely Abbey

doctorx wrote:
Josiane lingers momentarily by the pit, leaning on her sword, her head bowed in silent prayer for the souls of the Sisters who came to such a horrible end here, before hurrying after the others, sword drawn and grey fire in her eyes...

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:25 pm

(047) The Lonely Abbey

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough follows Gustave's directions and scouts ahead down the giant-blazed path toward the improvised exit, with the intention of locating the lost party members. He will hoot like an owl if he needs to communicate panic or discovery; Wen should be able to interpret his general meaning.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:01 pm

(047) The Lonely Abbey

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very good.

Desmond/Mondes examines the daggers in turn, finding them to be articles of some quality, lacking any bedizenment but being rather practical articles, adorned only with the most modest religious motifs around the hilts.

Wen takes the stave, Josiane utters her prayer, and Dorgan stows the Marrowstone.

Meanwhile the others discuss their plan, and make ready to move out.

Gustave's notion seems to be to backtrack out the library door, through the (now opened) runic double door that lead into the abbey proper, and from there out into the courtyard where he recently parted ways with the others.

This route will take him and his fellow back into the abbey, and possibly under the very nose of the tar demon!

Unknowingly, the others agree heartily, and everyone files out of the library and into the passage outside...

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:20 pm

(047) The Lonely Abbey

mgtremaine wrote:
Wen will fall in to the third rank but send his last candle up a head to proceed the group.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:44 pm

(047) The Lonely Abbey

coffee wrote:
Dieter will be at the front, sword drawn and senses alert.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:50 pm

(047) The Lonely Abbey

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond falls in line behind Dieter and Gustave.

Return to “Hinterlands”