(007) The First Night

Waysoftheearth's Moria PBP

Posts: 16555
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:53 pm

(007) The First Night

sulldawga wrote:
Largo's limbs are already dull with exhaustion, and the adrenaline in his blood is all that keeps him from collapse and certain death. He scurries around at the feet of the mad Orc rush, dodging and parrying where he can.

As it raises its sword arm for the kill, the Orc in front of him gets his blade tangled in a tree branch. The hobbit is quick to sink his dagger deep into the exposed gap in its armor. Another kill for the lad from the Shire, yet he's in no position to celebrate.

Largo will continue to skulk around the battlefield, engaging any nearby Orc, from behind if possible.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 16555
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:21 am

(007) The First Night

tonneau wrote:
Legandir tilts his head to one side and watches the orc corpse slide slowly to the ground, blood gushing from its rent throat. The enemy corpses pile up, but Morfil glows brightly still beneath a thick coating of black blood.

He brings the elven blade to bear on those remaining, his grin faded and face impassive.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:48 pm

(007) The First Night

mgtremaine wrote:
"Mind your tea and biscuits Mr. Harfoot, these Orcs seem a little foul tempered! I think we deserve a midnight snack when this is all done." Baraglin shouts across the din to his fellow hobbit, hoping his new friend will survive the battle.

-Mike
Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling

Posts: 16555
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:11 am

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
Round six will wait no longer!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 16555
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:27 am

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
In the mouth of the mines Nat strikes a spark to the fuel, and a great gout of oily flames gush up as Arbenbard roars out something terrible in the Black Speech, the flames rising behind him.

Morale dice tumble for first two prongs of the Orcish invasion, which have each suffered great losses (1d6=3) and (1d6=1!). All that remain of the first ranks of Orcish soldiery cast aside their arms and flee in abject panic as the second rank of Orcs crush into the line. Their beaten brethren and camp looters create chaos among their own line and it is into this maelstrom of Orc flesh that the company drive home their desperate attacks.

Simultaneous attacks are rolled.

One dozen Orcs do attack (randomise targets; 1=Largo, 2=Balain, 3=Baraglin, 4=Dernfara, 5=Elindir, 6=Glorban, 7=Legandir, 8=Hallam, 9=Hrok, 10=Lomeluin, 11=Eremin, 12=Soval, 13=Sili, 14=Telthalion, 15=Sutherland, 16-20=mounts. 12d20=5, 4, 5, 20, 14, 12, 17, 15, 11, 11, 6, 6).

Dernfara (1d20=1), Soval=(1d20=3), Sutherland (1d20=1) and Elindir (2d20=14,4) fend off malign blows with skilful manoeuvres, but alas poor Glorban (2d20=17,14) is struck twice more for (2dd=6,3 and 6,4) 6 and 6 hit points and brutally cut down. Glorban is hacked apart!

Eremin (2d20=18,10) and Telthalion (1d20=15) also are unable to evade every spear thrust, and each suffer stabbing wounds for (2dd=1,5 and 3,5) 5 hit points apiece. Eremin is down to 1 hit point, but great woe! The life of Telthalion is ended upon an Orcish spear!

Two mounts (2d20=20,18) are hit (randomise which; 1=Rohemnet (Lomeluin's Rouncy), 2=Frosti, 3=Snod, 4=Tug (Sili's mules), 5=Ned (Soval's mule), 6=Gleowine (Eohild's Rouncy), 7=Deor (Dernfara's Courser), 8=Piglet (Eremin Sulk's Courser), 9=Ladybird (Baraglin Banks' mule), 10=Doloris the old Nag (Largo Harfoot's pony); 2d10=6,10). Alas, Gleowine and Doloris are struck for (2dd=1,3 and 4,3) 3 and 4 hit points, respectively. Eohild's rouncy Gleowine is struck dead by a ferocious mace blow to the skull.

It is a churning melee under the black curtain of night. The shouting, screaming, and clanging of arms upon shield and mail is deafening, and it is no surprise that Largo (1d20=4), Balain (1d20=1), Baraglin (1d20=3), Glorban (1d20=5), Hrok (1d20=3), Eremin (1d20=7) nor Elindir (1d20=8) can find any foe in the melee.

Dernfara (d20=15,12) however is in the eye of the storm, dashing at Orcs with both of his great swords (2dd=4,4 and 5,5) for 11 and 13 hit points slaying two of the fleeing monsters in quick succession. Legandir (1d20=14), Hallam=(1d20=15), Lomeluin=(1d20=18), Telthalion=(1d20=12), and Sutherland=(1d20=17) all likewise teach the enemy a lesson in respect, dealing (2dd=1,3 and 5,5 and 3,5 and 5,6 and 4,6) 5, 10, 6, 6 and 6 hit points respectively. Hallam and Sutherland have smitten enemy unto the earth, and Telthalion, grasping the spear thrust through him, spends his last strength to drive the shining blade of Lorien through the Orc's throat and neck and dies glaring at it fiercely.

The heroes Soval (1d20=15,8) and Sili (1d20=7,9) each deliver blows to unfortunate Orcs (2dd=6,1 and 4,1) for 9 and 7 hit points respectively, each destroying an enemy with crunching force.

The Orcs are in disarray! Less than a dozen stand fighting, and their courage dangles by a thread as they stumble and stagger upon the bodies of their fallen and a dozen of their fellows scatter and flee!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 16555
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:32 am

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
In quick review; Glorban the Dwarf, Telthalion the Elf and Eohild's rouncy Gleowine were slain, and Eremin reduced to 1 hit point as the tide of battle turned. Seven Orcs were cut down and more than a dozen Orcs fled the melee. Fewer than a dozen remain fighting... but will they fight on next round?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 16555
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:35 am

(007) The First Night

waysoftheearth wrote:
What now, brave fighters?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 16555
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:10 pm

(007) The First Night

tonneau wrote:
Legandir skips after the retreating foe, flanking the remaining creatures and coming to the rescue of the beset Soval and Sili.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 16555
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:46 pm

(007) The First Night

rleduc wrote:
Hrok curses his luck to be so far from the thick of battle. His axe blade's taste for Orc flesh is far from quenched!

He again tries to move to where his comrades are most heavily pressed to take pressure off the wounded, taking any strikes of opportunity on fleeing Orcs that may present themselves, but concentrating on those that stand and fight!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 1863
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:47 pm

(007) The First Night

mgtremaine wrote:
"I can hear the piping of the kettle already, let's show these villains they picked the wrong camp to attack tonight! Baraglin will stick to using his sling, assuming that is what he was able to do last round, again looking to pick off any Orc that is near Soval.

-Mike
Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 6 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling

Return to “Moria”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.