The Fifth Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Fri May 14, 2021 4:41 pm

Re: The Fifth Adventure

"Lock the door behind you, and make sure the 'Closed' sign is showing. We're celebrating!" Frederick adds exotic spices to the oatmeal porridge. Cinnamon, nutmegs, ginger, and cloves to warm Ursa from the inside. Each Hobbet gets his or her own stack of giant waffles, topped with fruit and whipped cream. For dessert Frederick reveals the pièce de résistance: a sweet potato pie with butterscotch mouse and maple syrup cotton candy sprinkles!

Frederick spoon-feeds his friend, and the porridge seems to restore her strength. At the end of the meal, she leans back in her chair, belches, and croaks two faint but recognizable words: "... bed ... pan ..."

"Oh my goodness! Quick, someone grab a pot from the kitchen."

Ursa answers nature's call right at the breakfast table. There is a sharp metallic 'plink' as something hard falls into the pan!

Frederick reaches in and scoops something out: a rough stone the size of a marble. He swirls it in his mimosa to rinse it off, then holds it up to the light and whistles in astonishment. "Bless my soul! A thunderboom ruby! You worked hard for this, old girl. Free Solo Club indeed. I am sorry I every doubted you." Frederick shows everyone the magnificent gemstone, a once-in-a-generation haul, and then tucks it in his vest pocket for safe keeping. Ursa beams from ear to ear!

Our Heroes were feeling high off the success of their Fourth Adventure, but they are now humbled to realize, their accomplishments have been eclipsed by an eccentric middle-aged Hobbet in her birthday suit!

OOC: Ursa levels up! ;)

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Wed May 19, 2021 12:24 pm

Re: The Fifth Adventure

Well-fed, mimosa'd up, and feeling upbeat about their next delve, Willie is nevertheless struck speechless, totally awed when he realizes what Ursa has accomplished.

"W-wow," is all he can think to say. He reaches out to shakes Ursa's hand, gently, while mentally filing away the wisdom she has given: that inside one's own body is a fine place to hide treasure in a pinch!

He's now eager to get below ground ASAP, to see if he can find a ruby of his own!
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Fri May 21, 2021 2:23 pm

Re: The Fifth Adventure

acodispo wrote: "W-wow," is all he can think to say. He reaches out to shakes Ursa's hand, gently...
Ursa's extremities are well-bandaged, so it's less of a handshake and more of a fist bump. She does weakly acknowledge the gesture so that bodes well for her prognosis: She seems aware and responsive to social cues.

Hobbets assemble! Here we go...

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Fri May 21, 2021 2:37 pm

Re: The Fifth Adventure

Turns 1-6

The party's first hour in the dungeon is uneventful. It's been less than 24 hours since the last visit, and things are pretty much as our Heroes left them. No dangerous creatures are encountered in the Grand Chasm area, just the usual harmless spiders, cave salamanders, and beetles.

Upon reaching the Well Room, the Hobbets attempt to tiptoe around the edge without waking the Thing that lives down there. But the stone floor is covered with a thin layer of something dry and crunchy, and it's difficult to move with perfect stealth.

"H... h... hello? Is someone up there? Bless Dagon! You came back for me! Did you bring the water?!?"

1d6=4, no wandering monsters

1d6=2, the party fails to sneak past the squishy mystery creature

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon May 24, 2021 3:09 pm

Re: The Fifth Adventure

Willie intends to walk right past the Creature, trying not to listen to it, unless other members of the party pause.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Mon May 24, 2021 4:10 pm

Re: The Fifth Adventure

The trapped Creature is powerless to stop Willie and the gang from continuing on their way.

"Hellooooo?!? A little help down here? Can you at least pee on me a little, on your way past?!? Curse you all! May Father Dagon choke your gills with pus, and Mother Hydra rot your fippers!"

OOC: I just did a big map update, which you can see here:

http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... 02#p29802
Which way from here? I think I heard a couple votes to go NE and fill in the map south of Area 21?

Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Mon May 24, 2021 4:20 pm

Re: The Fifth Adventure

OOC: Sorry, it seems I missed the previous game post!

Dame Simonetta ignores the thing-in-the-pit. She votes to head NE.

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Tue May 25, 2021 10:05 pm

Re: The Fifth Adventure

Turn 7

The NE tunnel leads to an empty cavern (Area 22). There are four additional exits from this room: a 10' wide tunnel leading SE and three smaller cracks leading SW. The southwestern section is rough terrain, choked with loose stone and gravel.

Image

Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Wed May 26, 2021 1:04 am

Re: The Fifth Adventure

I think we should head for the SE exit (circling around the room clockwise to avoid the cracks in the SW section).

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Wed May 26, 2021 4:26 pm

Re: The Fifth Adventure

kipper wrote: I think we should head for the SE exit (circling around the room clockwise to avoid the cracks in the SW section).
Sounds good! Here is our marching order from last adventure:

Marching order:

Single File
Dame S
Willie
Kiplyn
Dougal
Wilbur


Double
Willie.|.Dame S
Kiplyn.|.Dougal
.....Wilbur....


Willie can carry a lantern, if desired, and leave Dame Simonetta free to fight with both hands (he'll put his own shield on his back).
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.