The First Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Posts: 1862
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal eyes the rat carefully as he quietly draws his sword.

"Seems a bit odd, don't it? That rat coming into our lantern light and not running away? Either he's used to hobbets being down here or... he's sick?"
Glad you're back, Mush! I was starting to get a little shakey...
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: The First Adventure

The rat cautiously accepts Willie's cheese, gobbles it down, and hungrily begs for more. Meanwhile three more rats approach from the same direction. (Disappointingly, these are not talking rats, and they do not respond to Willie's question about what lies to the west.)
Reaction roll 2d6=7, neutral

Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: The First Adventure

5 more rats approach, bringing the total to 8.

Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Tonneau » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:55 am

Re: The First Adventure

Potty laments briefly that his mind is at present set on discerning hidden threats rather than interpreting the thoughts of beasts.

He pulls some of the healing mushrooms from his pack and offers some to the growing rat-pack, attempting to discern their mood nonetheless.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]

Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:12 pm

Re: The First Adventure

"These rats aren't talking!" remarks Willie, a little disappointed. "Well, shall we be going? I suppose we can see whether the rats follow us or not."

Willie brushes the crumbs off his hands and looks northwest.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1862
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal eyes the rats dubiously.

"There's... there seem to be more now," he says, pointing his sword at the now 8 rats.

He frowns at Potty and shakes his head, "Don't feed them another bite! How many more rats will come? Enough to clean our bones, I'll wager."
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:49 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Tonneau wrote:Potty laments briefly that his mind is at present set on discerning hidden threats rather than interpreting the thoughts of beasts.

He pulls some of the healing mushrooms from his pack and offers some to the growing rat-pack, attempting to discern their mood nonetheless.
The rats ignore the mushrooms and lunge toward Potty, snapping hungrily at his fingers!

Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:57 am

Re: The First Adventure

"No! Bad rats! No biting!" Willie says sternly -- and then, when they inevitably don't respond by ceasing their attack, he starts whacking rats with his hand-axe.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:06 am

Re: The First Adventure

Uh oh, more rats! They are swarming from at least two directions from the south.

Willie keeps the rats at bay with his axe (for the moment). They dance just out of reach!

Image

Posts: 1862
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:54 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal frowns with an "I told you so" sort of look and says, "Someone get some oil to throw on them."

He also attempts to keep the rats at bay, swinging his sword at them as they come out of the passage nearest him.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.