The First Adventure

Mushgnome's Hobbet-centric PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

Posts: 1739
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Surprise Turn 0

The ant battle is on!

Willile swings wide in his enthusiasm.

Tet attacks from the second rank with his spear and pokes an ant for 1hp damage.

Chegs flattens one of the ants with his warhammer!

The 3 surviving ants (1 of whom is wounded) pick up their dead comrade, turn around, and flee down the western tunnel.

Will our Heroes pursue? Fire a sling shot at the fleeing ants? Or just let them go?
Attack rolls:

Chegs 20! damage 4
Tet 16 damage 1
Willie 1 miss

Ant morale = 5

Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:06 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal fires off a stone from his sling at the fleeing ants.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 1141
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:39 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Willie, a little angry at the ants for so cleverly avoiding his ill-aimed swipe, throws his hand axe at the rearmost insect, if they are still in range.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:15 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Chegs says, "I think we should finish them off before they alert their hive. If they are anything like the ants back home, the ants will rally to defend their hive. Three ants now, or a horde later?
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Tonneau » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:58 pm

Re: The First Adventure

"You seem to know a lot about ants, Mr Chegs", pipes Potty, suddenly animated, "I...I find their association with fungus fascinating...dont you think?"
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]

Posts: 1739
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:51 am

Re: The First Adventure

Combat Turn 1

Willie misses, and his axe clatters to the ground.

Dougal strikes an ant down with pin-point accuracy! (Where did you hit it?)

The surviving 2 black ants pick up 1 dead ant apiece and flee down the western tunnel. Even carrying their own body weight, the ants move with surprising speed, and in the blink of an eye, they have scurried beyond the 30' range of your torchlight.

Do you pursue?
Attack Rolls:
Dougal 18 hit for 6hp
Willie 8 miss

Ants flee!

Posts: 1847
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:13 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal's sword slices behind the abdomen, severing legs along with the bulbous black thorax.

"Let's pursue them!" Dougal calls to the others, wondering what they might find at their lair...
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 1141
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:58 pm

Re: The First Adventure

"Let's go!" Willie moves forward with shield raised till he can grab his axe, then continues to advance down the tunnel, eyes straining against the darkness.
Just to be clear, is this good for marching order?
  Code:
^ Willie | Chegs Dougal | Tet Potty
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:03 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Tonneau wrote:"You seem to know a lot about ants, Mr Chegs", pipes Potty, suddenly animated, "I...I find their association with fungus fascinating...dont you think?"
"Oh, we have a few ant hills near our gardens & had an infestation in our home once. They can be aggressive when they see a threat, in fact my little brother Artur got swarmed by ants when he poked at a ant hill. It was funny, he was running about crying because ants were biting him as they swarmed under his cloths. Yes, that is fascinating how their association with fungus. Fungus isn't my forte as my family are more into apples and making cider Poppy", reply's Chegs.

Chegs then adjusts his shield & takes his warhammer out again & prepares to pursue the remaining two ants with his fellows.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Posts: 1739
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:50 pm

Re: The First Adventure

ehiker133 wrote:Dougal fires off a stone from his sling at the fleeing ants.
ehiker133 wrote:Dougal's sword slices behind the abdomen, severing legs along with the bulbous black thorax.
That's one heck of a sling-shot! ;)

Looks like at least 3 votes in favor of pursuing the ants. I'll assume the party all sticks together unless you specifically tell me otherwise. Update coming soon...

Return to “Hobbets of Hornpipe”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.