(084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post by Tonneau » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:08 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Lemmi casts a suspicious eye over the doors, walls and boat while the away-team are...away
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:52 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron clambers into the incomplete boat. There's not a lot more to see, but at least he can take a pew and rest his feet for a minute. Meanwhile Lemmi scans the room for any concealed mischief, but she gets a feeling it's all legit.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:54 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

The away team form up outside the boat room, then tramp down the passageway taking one, two, three left turn before they arrive back at the dead end, where the left-ways door remains shut.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:16 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

The Brother scowls a bit when Lemmi & Chiron's searches come up with naught.

"Ah well, nothing more to do but sit tight," he grunts, setting Chiron's lantern down on the floor and resuming his vigil at the propped door.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post by flightcommander » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:32 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Morin pauses for a moment to examine the door more closely; he is especially interested in finding any gaps around the edges. In any event he will eventually attempt to listen at the door for any sounds beyond. If he hears nothing, he will attempt to force the door open.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:39 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Boggs examines the boat for compartments or hollow areas that might hold treasure. He checks whether the wood is in useful condition, or at least dry enough to burn. He takes stock of any salvageable materials such as tools, stakes, rope, canvas, poles, or containers. Anything useful and easy to carry, he will divide between his men. He is always on the lookout for any sign of vermin.
Two boggsmen on the away team, two men in the boat room, and two men standing guard in the hallway. They're in between the ante and boat rooms, so they can come running if anything bursts through the door of the ante room.

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:17 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

The Away Group
Morin examines the door very closely, his golden eyes intent in the flickering torch-light... he discerns what he considers to be a minuscule gap, enough for tiny insects to navigate, around the edge of the door. Satisfied with this, he puts his formidable shoulder to it abruptly. The impact causes the torch light to flicker, but the door does not concede.
door check 1d6=4. That's the second failure here folks. One more fail will tell me the door is "properly" stuck. I.e., locked, barred, held, or whatever.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:25 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

The Boat Room
Boggs crawls over and under the incomplete longboat, searching all its nooks and crannies. There is a small gap between the hull's keel and the boat floor; a neat little hollow for vermin to nest, but hardly a practical space for a proper treasure. The hammer and an old tin pot containing half a dozen nails are the only tools he finds still lying about. Whatever else was here must have been stripped by ignoble thieves and looters!
What were Boggs' orders to the two men he sent with the away group? He won't be able to issue new orders until they return to his line of sight.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am
Location: Montreal, QC

Post by The Red Baron » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:42 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

"Shall we try the strength of two men to the door?" asks Mero.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:34 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Boggs orders his men: "Stay with the group. Fight if the others fight; retreat if the others retreat. Lend a hand opening doors and carrying treasure. Recover the wounded."

Return to “Hinterlands”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.