Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Posts: 2002
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Re: Out Of Character

"treasure" = XP, no? ;)
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 16555
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:12 am

Re: Out Of Character

ehiker133 wrote:"treasure" = XP, no? ;)
Yes indeed.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Re: Out Of Character

I think the following is a roughly accurate remaining content of the pile of loot as of my latest post. I removed the enemy coin (assuming ehiker's suggested division), but didn't do anything with friendly coin (mostly Gertrude's) nor with food.
  Code:
    Friends:

       torches     3
       food        11
       chalk        4
       candle       6
       81sp

       battle axe (Gunt)

       padded (disgarded by Wetzel)

       hand axe (Menno)
       
       staff (Alfwin)
       mace (Alfwin)
       padded (Alfwin)
       
    The Enemy:

       6 conical iron caps
       8 coarse mail over filthy arming jacks
       8 pair hob-nailed boots
       8 days Hob food (plus lizard & small snake)
       6 days Man food
       2 1/2 full wine skins

       2 suits of mail
       2 swords
       1 mace
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:42 pm

Re: Out Of Character

I think we hide the weapons in a pile under some branches nearby, unless a PC wants to carry or we find a spot to hide them in the hidden stairway. We should not have Thick-Neck carrying any weapons.

I also think we toss all the hobbo stuff over the cliff, except maybe the helms. The food is disgusting and I don't think we'll find a Man willing to wear a hobbo chain mail shirt.

The Herald is carrying Alfwin's coin pouch.

So we load up Thick-Neck with food and wine, and the remaining suit of mail that a Man was wearing (if he can carry it without slowing to a crawl). The weapons and armor will keep but the food needs to be eaten soon to have value.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Posts: 2002
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:47 pm

Re: Out Of Character

acodispo wrote:I think the following is a roughly accurate remaining content of the pile of loot as of my latest post. I removed the enemy coin (assuming ehiker's suggested division), but didn't do anything with friendly coin (mostly Gertrude's) nor with food.
  Code:
    Friends:

       torches     3
       food        11
       chalk        4
       candle       6
       81sp

       battle axe (Gunt)

       padded (disgarded by Wetzel)

       hand axe (Menno)
       
       staff (Alfwin)
       mace (Alfwin)
       padded (Alfwin)
       
    The Enemy:

       6 conical iron caps
       8 coarse mail over filthy arming jacks
       8 pair hob-nailed boots
       8 days Hob food (plus lizard & small snake)
       6 days Man food
       2 1/2 full wine skins

       2 suits of mail
       2 swords
       1 mace
Leudigar took one of the suits of mail. Alas, the 80sp from Gertrude was her starting coin, not coin she had on her person when she was slain with a bolt to the throat, so it is nonexistent.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 1196
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post by sully » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:46 pm

Re: Out Of Character

ehiker133 wrote:Alas, the 80sp from Gertrude was her starting coin, not coin she had on her person when she was slain with a bolt to the throat, so it is nonexistent.
Man, the cats are gonna be pissed.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Posts: 2002
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:51 pm

Re: Out Of Character

sully wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:Alas, the 80sp from Gertrude was her starting coin, not coin she had on her person when she was slain with a bolt to the throat, so it is nonexistent.
Man, the cats are gonna be pissed.
Leudigar will try and find proper homes for them.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 16555
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:48 pm

Re: Out Of Character

You might end up eating them ;)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 2002
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:21 am

Re: Out Of Character

waysoftheearth wrote:You might end up eating them ;)
:shock:

Well THIS is one post I won't be reading out loud to Oliver and Teeters before bedtime!
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 2501
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:31 am

Re: Out Of Character

Hey, I just remembered Boggs gets +2 on reaction rolls vs. cats as a rat-catcher class benefit! :)

Return to “Hinterlands”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.