(080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm
Location: Pace, FL

Post by Eris » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:41 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

"Do you think whoever is out there is far enough away for me to try to door to see if it is locked or unlocked?" Freid asks Faengol .

Freid will look for something to bar it if he can...look for something heavy to push in front of it if it opens inward or a way to bar it from opening outward if it opens that way. Something like a broomstick through the handle, if it has one, might work for either direction.
Does the door open inward or outward?
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am
Location: Montreal, QC

Post by The Red Baron » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:17 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

If the coals are still hot, Dopey will scoop up a helmful in his conical hobgoblin cap and get ready to throw them at anything behind the doors.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 am
Location: Northern California

Post by riftstone » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:23 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

"These doors are heavy, so whatever we hear must be fairly close. Checking to see if it is unlocked should be ok, if we don't open it.", Faengol whispers in response.

Posts: 1853
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Leudigar joins the others and quietly indicates he couldn't hear anything notable behind the servant's door. He walks up the two steps to examine the heavy doors and see if they are locked or stuck. If not, he carefully attempts to open the door slowly and quietly.

If they appear locked or stuck, he waits for everyone to gather and then forces the door open.
Unless anyone objects?
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm
Location: Pace, FL

Post by Eris » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

"Hold a second, Leudigar!" Freid whispers, "We hear many voices and foot steps from beyond this door. If we're going to rush in, that's one thing, but let's not walk in when a charge would be better."
Only object to opening the unlocked door before the group is ready to charge in. There could be an army behind that door for all we know. :)
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Posts: 1853
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Sorry, I probably didn't word that well. Yes, charge in, either way. Leudigar is willing to lead.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:00 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Zem adjusts his helmet, taps his axe against his shield and is ready to follow.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm
Location: Pace, FL

Post by Eris » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:40 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Then let us charge ahead! Freid will be right behind you! :)
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:51 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Fried initially looks around for anything to bar the door with; there are a few iron fire pokers leaning against the blackened hearth wall that might do the trick. By the time he steps down to grab one, Faengol has tried the door handle enough to knock it isn't locked, and Leudigar has come striding across the room to reach the door ahead of him. Meanwhile, Dopey has scooped up a helm-full of ash, charcoal, and the last glowing coals of the fire-fuel.

With a few nods and signs, it is agreed that everyone will bust thru the doorway after Leudigar. He turns the handle and gives it a shove, and everyone piles out through the door right behind him (which is actually a bit awkward, seeing that the door is up three steps from the ground level). None the less it is done, and the eager company find themselves in another goblin tunnel, which leads more-or-less directly ahead toward a branch to the left some 40ft along, and another intersection beyond that...

Dopey finds himself suddenly alone in the kitchen when... there comes a hideous howl audible from beyond the servery door.

Those out in the passage hear the echo of it clearly coming from the first passage to the left.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am
Location: Montreal, QC

Post by The Red Baron » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:04 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Dopey scurries under the table to hide.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Return to “Hinterlands”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.