(080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:19 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Not entirely unlike this:
  Code:
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Servery. . #######+--+## . . . . . # | . #. . # B +-| =## . . . . . # e |. . | I# . # n | Hearth I# . . . . . # c |. . | I# . ################# h | =## #. | . | . | . # |. . #. . #### | | | #---+ ### H. . . . H. . .||H. . H Pantry H Kitchen ||H ####. . . . #. . . ### . ############################# . . . . . . . . . .
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 1854
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:24 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Leudigar whispers to the others, "Looks like someone had their lunch interrupted."

He immediately moves to the servery door and listens at it to see if he can detect any noise.
How many players are still active in this group?? riftstone, red baron, Eris, me... anyone else? Who are we missing?
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Zem, he is following right behind you and is ready for combat but otherwise not very talkative.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm
Location: Pace, FL

Post by Eris » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Freid goes to the other door (the stout one) and listens at it for any noises beyond.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Posts: 1854
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:37 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

mgtremaine wrote:Zem, he is following right behind you and is ready for combat but otherwise not very talkative.
Ah, thanks, Mike. Forgot Zem. Good, I think that is it? Just wanted to make sure everyone was present.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am
Location: Montreal, QC

Post by The Red Baron » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Dopey swaps his fish for the cleaver and roots around in the coals with it looking for hidden trinkets.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 am
Location: Northern California

Post by riftstone » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:36 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Faengol will also head to the heavy door and listen. Doesn't hurt to have another pair of ears!
Faengol is out of spells, and limited in combat - FYI

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:07 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Leudigar, Zem, and Dopey move toward the servery-end of the room, while Fried and Faengol go straight across the room to climb the two steps and listen at the door opposite.

Dopey pulls the goblin hacknife--a heavy-handled, brutish thing--from the bench then uses it to poke around the ashes in the great, blackened, kitchen hearth, while Leudigar listens at the servery door ('tis a split door where the top and bottom halves can be opened independently).

Leudigar is unsure whether he hears an indistinct rumbling beyond the door, or if it's just Zem snorting and breathing dwarfishly behind him... but Faengol and Fried are convinced they hear echoes of voices and tramping feet carrying to their ears.

Meanwhile, Dopey's rooting about in the ashes earns him a sooty hand, and a degree of confidence that nothing more than fuel has been heaped in the hearth.
Leudigar listen check 1d6=?
Fried/Faengol listen check 1d6=?
Dopey's search check 1d6=?

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm
Location: Pace, FL

Post by Eris » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:07 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Freid whispers, "Do you hear that, too?"
Can Freid tell what language is being spoken? Understand any of the words?
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:35 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

No; just indistinct voices.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.