(080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:22 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Dungeon Exploration Turn 7 was begun with 4 combat turns. The remainder of turn 7 will therefore be occupied with resting and recovery and any searching of the bodies.

Stratagems can be discussed while resting, of course...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 1853
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm
Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Leudigar wipes his Bleakmass Blade clean of blood and gore and examines it in the torchlight to see how it fared in the battle. Does it appear to be a good blade? Extraordinary in any way? Once that is done, he begins searching the bodies of the hobs and bugbear for anything of value.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 217
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am
Location: Montreal, QC

Post by The Red Baron » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:30 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Dopey heads back to the collapsed wall to reclaim his dropped dirk and shield. He tests a sample of debris to discover if it is actual stone and attempts to discern the mechanism by which it was destroyed.

"I'll need to get out of this armor and remove the bolt," says the hobbet to himself. "That may take some time... I had better wait until we retire to a position free from goblin patrols."
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Posts: 189
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 am
Location: Northern California

Post by riftstone » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:47 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Faengol slumps down, exhausted, his elven skin pallid.

"Calling takes all my energies. I must rest an Él Lintalë before I can call again. I am glad we were the victors."


(ooc: Él Lintalë - Star Dance, he means night)

Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm
Location: Pace, FL

Post by Eris » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:35 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Freid shouts, "Hurrah!", as the bugbear and hobgoblin fall, "Are there more coming?"
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:57 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Zem looks around for any other foes and then at the others "By my father beard, look at me! I'm huge!."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by heartless » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:05 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

After the battle Kianna lowers her shield and sword and says to Faengol, "Nice spell, I like the growing into a giant touch. We should swap spells once get out of here." Then she turns to the injured and says, "You all fight with great courage but you need your strengh to fight again, so rest a moment and I will tend to your wounds for I am a cleric with healing arts."
Kianna will bind the wounds of the group, to stop the bleeding and restore some health.
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

As the dust settles, Fried observes that there are no more enemy present; the battle is truly won. Ogre-sized Zem stomps about exalting in his new-found statue. He is indeed massive.

Leudigar cleans the black blood from the silvered sword, then examines it keenly. It has served him well this day, that much is certain; rarely has he fought more effectively. The sword looks fine enough, in his eye, even if it's not absolutely flawless. Then he loots the bodies of the slain, recovering six hobgoblin purses with a handful of coins in each. The bugbear wears a large but plain brass ring on its knobbly paw.

Dopey reacquaints himself with his own gear, then examines the mysterious wall. There is no debris littered about; the wall has not crumbled at all, rather, it has sunken into a recess in the ground.

Faengol rests, and Kianna rejoins the company, returning from the Bleakmass Tree room.
All this occurs during the remainder of Dungeon Exploration Turn 7.

What are your orders for Turn 8?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am
Location: San Diego, Ca

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:34 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

"We best find the others" Zem would head back as well. Hoping to tend his wound and rest a bit.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:32 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

A rest will get you 1-6 hp back. It also requires a full turn.

If anyone is going to rest, they need to do so before moving on else the opportunity to recoup hp after this battle is lost.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.