Delve the Thirteenth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:56 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Wiglaff investigates the "under floor" with a lantern. Can he see any solid areas, i.e. numbers that are fully supported and walkable? And is the under-floor itself safe-ish? Is the danger just noise/falling/glass, or is there something else?
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 941
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:16 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

"Everybody, keep an eye out for anything that might have heard that and come investigating."
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 2509
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:54 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin is ready with his sling in case anyone comes to investigate the breaking glass noise.

Posts: 2079
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:13 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

acodispo wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:56 pm
Wiglaff investigates the "under floor" with a lantern. Can he see any solid areas, i.e. numbers that are fully supported and walkable? And is the under-floor itself safe-ish? Is the danger just noise/falling/glass, or is there something else?
It looks like there is a gridwork of rotting wooden planks on which the tiles rest, so beneath this broken tile he just sees a plain floor bounded with wood

Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:06 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Maloof sniffs the air curiously, in case any gasses were released from the subfloor.

Posts: 2079
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:21 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

No discernible smells

Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:47 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

What was the number of the tile that Wiglaff broke (if he remembers)?

If Wiglaff sets the lantern on the subfloor and sticks his head beneath the tile floor, can he see whether there are any supported areas at all?
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 2079
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:35 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Let's say he broke #15

Yes, there is a cross-grid of wood that matches the tile size. Where the struts are can be easily extrapolated

Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:09 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

If Wiglaff thinks the structure will support him if he steps in the right spots, he'll attempt a crossing, headed for the western door.

Otherwise let's head back and try one of the two doors at the end of the northeast corridor?
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 2509
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:18 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin volunteers to go first (stepping where Wiglaff suggests) since he is the lightest (and temporarily buffed by the heroism potion).

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.