Delve the Thirteenth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 2079
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:05 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

mushgnome wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:52 pm
(Franklin took 9hp from the cone of cold on a successful save, so I assumed Sconces was turned into a pupsicle.)
Let's assume the nimble Sconces happened to be still in the other room sniffing a corner or something when that cone of cold went off, and he is still alive

Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

"Good dog!" whispers Wiglaff, happy the pup has survived so long and is still giving them early warnings.

He motions for his Elfs to get ready to missile attack whatever may be in the room to the southwest.

Let's approach slowly as a group? or send a single scout ahead to take a peek?
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 2509
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:22 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

OOC: Yay! A puppy!! Thank you @makofan. :)

Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:31 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

acodispo wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:57 pm
Let's approach slowly as a group? or send a single scout ahead to take a peek?
As a group I think, if there is something there we will have to confront it eventually, unless we were to decide to leave this area entirely.

Posts: 2509
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:07 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin says, "Unless ol' Sconces is wrong, there's no need to scout ahead: there's definitely something there. We should advance as a group and prepare to fight." (He motions his archers to be ready.)

Posts: 2079
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:17 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

When you get close enough, your light glistens off a black, dragon-like creature with a long, whippy tale that was obviously waiting for you!

Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:47 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

OOC: Fight or Leg It? ...Is Maloof feeling lucky? Or will he die twice on one dungeon level? Will Sconces die only a few posts after being revived? Tune into our next exciting episode to find out! If this is a dragon, I don't like the fact that we're all bunched up together, just asking it to breathe on us all at once. So if we want to fight it, the first thing to do would be to spread out. Has anyone got any potent magics which could quickly turn the tide?

Posts: 2509
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:05 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

"Stay back, Sconces!" warns Franklin.

Do we have space to move forward into the room and spread out? Franklin agrees with Maloof: Bunched up in the corridor, we are sitting ducks against a breath weapon attack. If possible, Franklin and his archers will move forward into the room and fire missile weapons (sling for Franklin) at the dragon.

Franklin has some powerful potions to turn the tide, if things go badly in the first round.

Posts: 759
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:05 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Aldbane offers his oil flasks to anyone who is not as clumsy as he, but he is heavily armored and will join the others for melee if we can advance and spread out.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Posts: 2079
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:10 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

mushgnome wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:05 pm
"Stay back, Sconces!" warns Franklin.

Do we have space to move forward into the room and spread out? Franklin agrees with Maloof: Bunched up in the corridor, we are sitting ducks against a breath weapon attack. If possible, Franklin and his archers will move forward into the room and fire missile weapons (sling for Franklin) at the dragon.

Franklin has some powerful potions to turn the tide, if things go badly in the first round.
Room is 30' square, corridor is 20' wide. You would have to rush the beast and then try to squeeze around the walls

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.