Delve the Thirteenth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Mon May 23, 2022 2:02 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

| Here is what I have for preparations
Franklin - bait
Maloof - hide and wait for backstab
Aldbane - wait for results of archery

archers in SE : Rhod, Wiglaff, Sera, Tauriel, Yolenna, Balbo, Drogo
Rhod and Wiglaff will charge into melee when needed
|


There may be a fly in the ointment - Franklin's cries have attracted three curious giant lizards, not just one, to come padding out the doors

Posts: 2501
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Mon May 23, 2022 4:56 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin scurries out of the way of friendly missile fire! He takes position with his archers, protecting them with his sword so they can safely fire their arrows.

(OOC: Tee hee hee, I had a hunch something like that might happen!)

Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Wed May 25, 2022 12:13 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Seeing as there are three, not one, do you all fire at the lead lizard, or is there going to be some division of labour here? Do the melee fighters act independently instead of waiting for round two?

Posts: 941
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Wed May 25, 2022 12:46 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

I say we should split our fire across the lizards. A volley of arrows might slow them down, or make them change their minds.

After that, we'll see where we are for round 2. and then decide.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 2501
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Wed May 25, 2022 7:32 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin trusts Drogo and Balbo to choose appropriate targets. Though small in statue, he's not a 'micro manager.'

Franklin himself is the 'bait' so his strategy is not complex: Get clear of friendly fire and then defend himself (and his hirelings) with his magic sword.

Posts: 2078
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Thu May 26, 2022 11:44 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

A flurry of arrows rains down on the lizards, and the lead lizard dies in its tracks. The other two are substantially wounded, and charge at the archers

DM: Next round will be melee, and no arrows can be fired, but I assume Rhod and Wiglaff will bear the brunt of the two charging beasts, and Aldbane and Maloof will attack them from the side/behind?
The three elf archers fire at the first lizard, Rhod and Wiglaff at the second, the hobbits at the third

Sera, Tauriel, Yolenna roll 10/6/2/15/15/12, hitting three times for 5+3+5=13 damage, killing it
Rhod and Wiglaff roll 5/18/15/7, hitting twice for 5+5=10 damage, wounding it
Balbo and Drogo roll 19/13/9/3, hitting twice for 5+1=6 damage, wounding it

Posts: 941
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Thu May 26, 2022 12:38 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Makofan wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:44 am
DM: Next round will be melee, and no arrows can be fired, but I assume Rhod and Wiglaff will bear the brunt of the two charging beasts, and Aldbane and Maloof will attack them from the side/behind?
Sounds right to me!
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 758
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Thu May 26, 2022 1:17 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Sounds right for Aldbane.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Thu May 26, 2022 1:28 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Makofan wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:44 am
DM: Next round will be melee, and no arrows can be fired, but I assume Rhod and Wiglaff will bear the brunt of the two charging beasts, and Aldbane and Maloof will attack them from the side/behind?
Yes, Wiglaff will join the melee immediately. He orders his followers:

"Yolenna, stay back! Spear-Elfs, to me!"

His Archer/Spear-Elfs are well-armoured (plate + shield), so he wants them to join melee from the 2nd rank (they have spears).
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 838
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Gibsons, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Thu May 26, 2022 2:35 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Makofan wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:44 am
DM: Next round will be melee... Maloof will attack them from behind?
Correct.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.