Delve the Thirteenth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue May 17, 2022 11:49 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

The party traces their steps back to the double door. They swing open easily, revealing jungle plants crowding the room, which looks like it might be a larger room.

Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Tue May 17, 2022 2:05 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Once out of range of the wizards, Maloof will hand over the treasure sack to one of the lackeys.

At the double doors, he pauses to listen for any sounds of wildlife within the jungle.

Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue May 17, 2022 2:08 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

No sounds

Posts: 804
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Tue May 17, 2022 2:14 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Who wants to be the first one to be eaten by a tiger enter the room?

Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Tue May 17, 2022 2:50 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin will do it! Halfling in natural foliage, wearing a cloak of elvenkind, should be pretty stealthy. He'd keep the wall at his left hand and move clockwise around the edge of the room. If he comes to a door or intersection, he will stop to listen.

Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Tue May 17, 2022 9:55 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Wiglaff suggests the rest of the party fall back slightly, to the north and south ends of the aquarium. If Franklin comes racing out of there with something on his tail, they can pelt it with missiles over his head.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Wed May 18, 2022 11:23 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

mushgnome wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:50 pm
Franklin will do it! Halfling in natural foliage, wearing a cloak of elvenkind, should be pretty stealthy. He'd keep the wall at his left hand and move clockwise around the edge of the room. If he comes to a door or intersection, he will stop to listen.
Franklin starts to investigate. The room starts out as 20 feet wide, but then the left wall turns - it looks like there is an alcove in the room. In the dim light from the lantern at the doorway, he notices a large lizard in front of him just before he steps on it - perhaps 5 feet long, coloured orange and blue

Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Wed May 18, 2022 3:58 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin briefly flirts with the idea of heroically slaying the lizard in single combat. Better sense prevails, and he sneaks back to inform his friends of the monster. If I understand correctly, the lizard is only 20-30' into the room? We should hit it in its sleep, from a distance.

Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Wed May 18, 2022 5:03 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

The lizard is hidden by jungle foliage so missile attacks will not work

Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Thu May 19, 2022 3:36 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

OOC: We could go with Wiglaff's plan B? Make noise to lure the lizard out, then pelt it with missiles?

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.