Delve the Thirteenth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:18 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin listens too!

Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:02 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Hearing nothing, you explore to the end. You enter a room 30 feet wide (as you already know( by 60 feet high. At the top of the left wall is a door, while double doors grace the 40/50' section of the east wall (close to teh top. The room is dominated by an aquarium that reaches almost to the ceiling, and is 40' long and 10' wide. It is so choked with plants and growth that you are not sure if there is anything in there

Posts: 1389
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:29 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Wiglaff sends his Elfs to listen at the double-doors. But he himself leans close to the aquarium glass, and listens for any sign of life within.

Can we tell if the aquarium is open at the top? Wiglaff will lift up Franklin if necessary to get a good view.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:25 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Maloof moves up to listen at the northernmost door, keeping close to the left wall and giving the aquarium as wide a berth as possible.

Posts: 753
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:50 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Aldbane moves closer to the aquarium, just standing by in case he is needed.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:10 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

(If there aren't any ominous moving or breathing sounds from within the tank) Franklin wraps himself in his Cloak of Elvenkind and lets Wiglaff lift him up for a better look.

Posts: 2047
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:04 pm

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Wiglaff sends his Elfs to listen at the double-doors. But he himself leans close to the aquarium glass, and listens for any sign of life within. Can we tell if the aquarium is open at the top? Wiglaff will lift up Franklin if necessary to get a good view.
All is silent behind the double doors, and in the aquarium. It looks like the aquarium may be open at the top
Maloof moves up to listen at the northernmost door, keeping close to the left wall and giving the aquarium as wide a berth as possible.
Nothing is heard behind the door
Aldbane moves closer to the aquarium, just standing by in case he is needed.

(If there aren't any ominous moving or breathing sounds from within the tank) Franklin wraps himself in his Cloak of Elvenkind and lets Wiglaff lift him up for a better look.
The water is murky, almost opaque, and smelly

Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:54 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin whispers, "Put me down, put me down! That water is disgusting. Any bright ideas for finding out what's in the aquarium, preferably that don't involve a hobbit on a string?"

Posts: 2440
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm
Location: Upper Miskatonic Valley

Post by mushgnome » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:42 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Franklin thinks about all the things that could be lurking in the water. He whispers, "I vote we move on." He tugs on Wiglaff's sleeve and follows Maloof.
Last edited by mushgnome on Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:34 am

Re: Delve the Thirteenth

Maloof will examine the western door for traps (specifically he is worried about a trigger which will somehow loose the aquarium contents into the room!). He warns everyone about not opening the double doors yet as well, just in case.

He will examine the double doors next, for a similar trap.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.