Delve the 11th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:38 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Franklin returns to the group and fills them in on what he heard. He tosses out a couple of suggestions for the sake of brainstorming. "The voices sounded far away, so maybe they aren't guarding the door, and we can burst through and surprise them. Or maybe we can lure them out into the sand room, and hit them with missile weapons."

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:49 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Wiglaff is in favour of the "lure them into the sand room" approach.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:52 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

OOC: What's a good way to get their attention? Maybe a barking dog? (Sconces can 'speak' on command.) They would be like, "awww, it's just a cute little lost puppy" and let their guard down.

Posts: 702
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:01 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Aldbane thinks the dog barking is a good idea. If we decide to do it, he will have Yarpera ready his throwing knives and get in position.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sat May 01, 2021 7:12 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Any consensus?

Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Sat May 01, 2021 8:53 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Frankly I think the chances that they will hear us is very low. Sconces has already barked once with no reaction from them.

In my opinion it would be best to have a scout open the door, and be prepared to flee back to the rest of the party (who will be waiting in readiness with missile weapons in the northern passage) if the scout is spotted/pursued.

Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Sat May 01, 2021 10:06 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

kipper wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:53 pm
In my opinion it would be best to have a scout open the door, and be prepared to flee back to the rest of the party (who will be waiting in readiness with missile weapons in the northern passage) if the scout is spotted/pursued.
I agree.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun May 02, 2021 1:51 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Unless any dissenters post today, I will have Franklin open the door

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Sun May 02, 2021 8:42 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Franklin is prepared to take that risk!

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon May 03, 2021 1:06 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Wiglaff gets a scroll of sleep in hand, and calls to the front of his mind the formulae for color spray -- options, depending on who comes through that door! He orders his men to stand guard in front of him & not attack till he gives the order.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.