Delve the 11th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Mon May 03, 2021 6:27 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

The door is opened onto an empty 20x30 room (20' E/W, 30' N/S, extending N from the door). Faint sounds of people talking can be heard, but they are general, not from any particular direction

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Tue May 04, 2021 2:13 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Does Franklin see any other exits from the 20x30 room that would explain where the faint voices are coming from? Or is it like, invisible people talking inside the room?

Curiosity gets the better of Franklin and he stops to listen for a minute. First, can he tell how many voices, second, what language, and third, can he understand what they're saying?

If there is any sign of trouble, he will leave the door open and scoot back to his friends, retracing his steps. It's only, what, 30 feet or so?

If for some reason he's unable to cross the sand back to the others in time, I'm picturing he and Sconces could maybe take cover behind the opened door.

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun May 09, 2021 3:37 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Does Franklin see any other exits from the 20x30 room that would explain where the faint voices are coming from? Or is it like, invisible people talking inside the room?
No other exits. It's almost like the voices are in a "next room", but in no specific direction
Curiosity gets the better of Franklin and he stops to listen for a minute. First, can he tell how many voices, second, what language, and third, can he understand what they're saying?
It's sort of like being in the hall outside an area, and there is a party inside, and you can hear the sound of dialogue, but have no idea what language or what they are saying
If there is any sign of trouble, he will leave the door open and scoot back to his friends, retracing his steps. It's only, what, 30 feet or so?
If for some reason he's unable to cross the sand back to the others in time, I'm picturing he and Sconces could maybe take cover behind the opened door.
No sign of trouble

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Sun May 09, 2021 4:46 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Franklin hurries back to his friends and whispers in excitement, "It's an empty room, but I can hear lots of voices through the wall. I think there is a secret door!"

Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Mon May 10, 2021 4:31 am

Re: Delve the 11th

"Or an ensorcelled room," Maloof replies.

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon May 10, 2021 10:03 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

"That's very strange. Do we have any more ability to detect magic, Rhod? We might try it on this voice room. And look for secret doors at the same time. But if your sword is out of power, I say we cross the sand room and try the west corridor."
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Tue May 11, 2021 12:37 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Do you mean on the empty room, or on the next room (assuming we find a way through)?
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Tue May 11, 2021 1:13 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Franklin chirps, "I didn't even think of magic! I am glad I came back to check with you guys, instead of going in there by myself."

Franklin left the door open, so if we're not going to investigate that room, he thinks we should probably shut the door to seal in the magic.

(But he thinks we should investigate.)

Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Tue May 11, 2021 1:58 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Maloof is willing to go search the murmuring room for secret doors (just in case). Hopefully it won't teleport away anyone who enters!

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Tue May 11, 2021 9:44 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

coffee wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:37 pm
Do you mean on the empty room, or on the next room (assuming we find a way through)?
If I'm understanding correctly, we've got the sand room in front of us (which Franklin has successfully crossed twice), and the eastern door leads to a 20x30 room with no other exits, but mysterious voices. I'm suggesting we detect magic & search for doors in the voices room.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.