Delve the 11th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 1141
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:59 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Presumably there's not much more to explore. Here's the map quadrant, roughly:
2021-04-17-105431_375x358_scrot.png
2021-04-17-105431_375x358_scrot.png (8.68 KiB) Viewed 366 times
We're just north of 34. I've guessed that the door on the west wall leads to already-mapped areas (we had mapped a door there from the other side).

Our choice is east door or west corridor, but first we must decide how to cross the sand room.

Without stepping into the room, Wiglaff borrows one of his mercenaries' spears and pokes the butt of it into the sand, pushing it out a few feet into the room to see if it provokes anything, and to confirm that there is a bottom to the sand.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1782
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:57 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Yes, the pole scrapes on stone floor

Posts: 857
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:10 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

kipper wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:36 pm
I think we're still doing quite well on resources (spells, hitpoints)? If so, I'd vote for continuing to explore this area near the elevator. But I'm OK with it if everyone votes to head up now.
We may be doing well on those resources, but how are we doing on carrying capacity? If we're overloaded, we move much more slowly. This could have repercussions when trying to leave.

If we're getting close to slowing down, I'd say we should start moving toward the exit anyway.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 1782
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:11 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

I'd say you're not even half loaded

Posts: 1141
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:44 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Wiglaff suggests someone try to walk carefully (sticking close to the wall) around the sand room to the east door, while the party watches from the north doorway with missiles ready, in case anything rises out of the sand to attack.

Since he's lightly armoured he won't volunteer for this duty, but has no problem suggesting someone else do it. :D
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1739
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:23 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Franklin volunteers for the "hobbit on a string" maneuver. He'll tie a rope around his waist, so the others can pull him to safety if something drags him under the sand. "Stay back!" he warns his dog Sconces. He then attempts to skirt around the edge of the room, to the east door.

Posts: 857
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:53 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Rhod will take up his position with his bow for covering fire.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 1782
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:13 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Sconces barks when they get to the door

Posts: 1739
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:48 am

Re: Delve the 11th

Franklin shushes his dog and presses his ear to the door, to have a good listen.

Is the door push or pull to open?

Posts: 1782
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:39 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

pull

he hears far away voices

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.