Delve the 11th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 702
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:42 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

When ready Aldbane will help Grampus open the door, then stand aside for the spell.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:54 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

You open the door onto a 20' wide x 50' tall room. Doors are on the 20' and 40' sections of the west wall

Three women in brief leather are performing what looks like a religious ceremony, involving a boisterous and ecstatic ritual. It is being conducted by a short, pudgy man in wizard's regalia.

The party has one round of surprise!

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:08 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

If possible, Franklin will use the surprise round to fire his sling at the wizard. If missile fire is not possible, then he attacks the nearest target with his sword.
(edit) pending the outcome of Wiglaff's spell, of course!
Last edited by mushgnome on Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:26 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Maloof will also hurl a slingstone at the pudgy man while he waits for Wiglaff to cast a spell. After the single slingshot, he will switch to his mace ready to charge into melee next round.

Posts: 702
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:44 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Aldbane will standby while missiles are being lobbed and the sleep spell is being cast, then rush in after with the others to attack if needed.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:47 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Wiglaff casts the spell from the scroll of sleep, aiming it at the presumed magic-user.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:09 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

merias wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:44 pm
Aldbane will standby while missiles are being lobbed and the sleep spell is being cast, then rush in after with the others to attack if needed.
Rhod will do the same thing.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am
Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post by SneakeyPete » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:34 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Grampus, after opening the door, readies his short bow with an arrow.

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:39 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

| DM Note: Since the spell notes indicate that it affects 1 heroic type, or 4-14 normals, I will rule it can not affect both. Thus, as it was specifically cast at the wizard, I will rule the other three unaffected. I will also then alter the arrow/slings to attack the other three. If this is incorrect, I will redo |

Wiglaff's foresight of having a Sleep scroll pays off, as the pudgy fellow falls over in mid chant. Missiles strike down the three worshipers, and all is silent

MECHANICS
Wiglaff sleep @ Wizard - success
Franklin, sling @worshiper1, rolls 11 +2 (range) +1 (dex) +3 (hobbit) +2 (surprise) = 19, hits for 4 damage, killing her
Maloof, sling @worshiper2, rolls 7 +2 (range) +2 (surprise) = 11, hits for 3 damage, killing her
Grampus, arrow @worshiper3, rolls 8 +2 (range) +2 (surprise) = 12, hits for 5 damage, killing her

Aldbane charge
Rhod charge

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:36 pm

Re: Delve the 11th

Franklin checks the bodies for treasure.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.