Delve the 10th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Franklin imitates the noise as best he can, so his friends can make a calculated decision about the risk:
a high-pitched, trilling noise, somewhere between a hiss and a whistle, that pulses
(Assuming Wiglaff gets to safety. If Wiglaff is in trouble then Franklin will help; he won't just stand there making trilling noises!)

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:08 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Wiglaff drops the axe & steps back to the door to join the party!

He watches to see what happens to the axe, unless the puddle starts to move in his direction, in which he'll shut the door.

What colour is the "puddle"? Roughly how fast is it dissolving the axe? Does it do anything to the handle? or just the silvered axe head?

"How interesting..."
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Delve the 10th

acodispo wrote:Wiglaff drops the axe & steps back to the door to join the party!

He watches to see what happens to the axe, unless the puddle starts to move in his direction, in which he'll shut the door.

What colour is the "puddle"? Roughly how fast is it dissolving the axe? Does it do anything to the handle? or just the silvered axe head?

"How interesting..."
It is gray, and dissolves the metal head in one round. The wood is unaffected. It then starts in his direction

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:36 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Wiglaff shuts the door!

Assuming it follows, and assuming it is moving quite slowly, his suggestion is:

"Let's get back into the big room and shoot at it from a distance!"

He readies his shortbow.

The idea would be to go into Room 9, and snipe at it. If it gets within 30ft, retreat into room 8, etc. All assuming we can move a lot faster than it can.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:59 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Franklin is willing to try sniping at the puddle with his sling. He reasons it can't dissolve stone, otherwise it would fall through the floor? So he uses sling stones, not silver bullets. He tells Sconces to stay back.

Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:06 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Maloof also has a sling, and will hurl stones at it if it follows us.

Posts: 702
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:09 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

Aldbane digs a flask of oil out of his pack, he'll throw it at the moving puddle if it follows Wiglaff out the door.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:46 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

The door is shut, and it has not oozed out yet. How long will you stand waiting and watching?

Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:37 pm

Re: Delve the 10th

I think if it doesn't immediately come after us (which it hasn't), we should leave before it does!

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:37 am

Re: Delve the 10th

"Maybe we should go investigate the trilling noises?" says Franklin. He's more comfortable fighting monsters that bleed and/or have a visible anatomy, at this point in his adventuring career.

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.