Delve the 7th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:00 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

"Wodan, stay back!" shouts Wiglaff, knowing his hireling doesn't have a silvered weapon.

Wiglaff stands shoulder to should with Aldbane & readies himself to fight the creature when it reaches them.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 158
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: The Necropolis of Nuromen

Post by Vile » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:01 am

Re: Delve the 7th

Llewllyn clutches his wooden cross and longs for the day he can afford silver ...

Posts: 1805
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:30 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Unless he says otherwise, I will have Grampus attack also. I don't see why we can't have three people shoulder to shoulder in a 10'wide corridor

Posts: 1805
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:56 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Maloof and Franklin sling silver bullets at the werewolf, staggering it with bullets that burn its fur, and then it crashes into the front line with savagery, ripping, clawing and biting. The line holds, but everybody bleeds from a few cuts

MECHANICS
Franklin, sling, rolls 11+4=15 HITS for <1d6> = 2 damage
Maloof, sling, rolls 18+1 =19 HITS for <1d6> = 5 damage

Initiative: Party wins (weapons vs claws)

Aldbane, silver hammer, rolls 8, miss
Wiglaff, silver 2H-axe, rolls 2, miss
Grampus, magic sword, rolls 11+1=12, miss

Werewolf attacks 5 times (Wiglaff is the lucky person)
Werewolf @Aldbane 19, 3, hits once for 1 damage
Werewolf @Wiglaff 20, hits once for 1 damage
Werewolf @Grampus 2, 17, hits once for 3 damage

Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:24 am

Re: Delve the 7th

Wiglaff holds at least for another round.

Next time we bring silverered spears for the 2nd rank!

We haven't seen coffee in a while, so maybe after this round Rhod can change places with Aldbane so the staff of healing can be deployed (I forget if Wiglaff and Grampus have already received healing)?
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 706
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:58 am

Re: Delve the 7th

Aldbane holds and attacks for another round.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 1805
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:32 am

Re: Delve the 7th

Wotan, and Vile's two henchmen, all have silver spears. We could get them into the second rank, and we'll have to remember that in future. Three more attacks would have come in handy that round!

Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:13 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Maloof readies another sling stone: if the werewolf flees, Maloof will launch another stone at it.

Posts: 1805
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: Delve the 7th

Wiglaff yells for the support spears to form up, and six attacks now lash at the werewolf. Aldbane gets in a crushing blow, and then Ivar finishes off the werewolf with a stab through its throat from the second rank. It falls to the ground, dead, and changes shape into a normal human

MECHANICS

Initiative: Party wins (5 vs 4)

Aldbane, silver hammer, rolls 20, HITS for <1d6>=6 damage
Wiglaff, silver 2H-axe, rolls 3, miss
Grampus, magic sword, rolls 6+1=7, miss
Wotan, silver spear, rolls 5, miss
Ivar, silver spear, rolls 17, hits for <1d6>=4 damage, killing it
Sigmund, silver spear, rolls 2, miss

Posts: 1180
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:39 am

Re: Delve the 7th

"Well done, lads!" cries Wiglaff. "Remember this formation: if we see a wraith or another were-beast, this is how we fight!"

He looks down at the dead werewolf with some pity.

"Poor, cursed fool."

Wiglaff will give the body a cursory examination to make sure it isn't carrying a purse or other object of value, and then will suggest the party try the first door in the east wall.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.