Delve the Sixth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:28 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Wiglaff is in no mood to negotiate with goblins.

If there is space to get off a shot before melee begins, he'll loose an arrow from his short bow. Otherwise, he stays at the north end of the room, shooting at any goblins that break away from the fray and approach him.

He does order his hired footman into battle, though:

"Wodan! Would you be so kind as to slay those goblins?"
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 702
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:12 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

"To arms, a pack of Goblins!" Aldbane yells, then smashes his hammer into the head of the nearest goblin.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:38 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

I'll wait for some more replies

Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:02 am

Re: Delve the Sixth

If Franklin gets a clear shot with his sling then he will take it (but he will not fire into melee).

Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Rhod will leap into the fray.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 487
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:28 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Maloof also readies his sling to attack any goblin who break free from the mass of melee.

Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:44 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Vesh moves to join the other party members seeking to move into melee range & strike any Goblin who can be hit with his staff. But he'll first throw a dagger when he gets within 3 feet of the goblins before switching to his staff for the next round.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am
Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post by SneakeyPete » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Grampus steps forward, takes his sword, and tries to filet a goblin near him.

Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:43 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

Missile fire is not possible, so the melee fighters sprint towards the combat. Aldbane and Marco use the surprise to each cut down a goblin, but undeterred, they press on in a swarm. Rhod and Grampus had arrived, and so help receive the charge.

The goblins are not skilled, and between that and the company's great armor, they are unscathed by the attack. The counter-attack is devastating, and the remaining four goblins are all cut down
Players have a round of surprise
Aldbane @ goblin, rolls 12, hits for <1d6>=3 damage, killing it
Marco @goblin, rolls 12, hits for <1d6>=5 damage, killing it

INITIATIVE

Players 2, Goblins 5 - Goblins win

Goblins roll morale, they waver but decide to attack
Goblins swarm

goblin @Aldbane, rolls 16 - miss
goblin @Marco, rolls 3 - miss
goblin @Rhod, rolls 4- miss
goblin @Grampus, rolls 1 - miss

Aldbane @ goblin, rolls 11, hits for <1d6>=4 damage, killing it
Marco @goblin, rolls 18, hits for <1d6>=4 damage, killing it
Rhod @goblin, rolls 11, 18, hits twice for 7 total damage, killing it
Grampus @goblin, rolls 14,20, hits twice for 7 total damage, killing it

Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Re: Delve the Sixth

"Well done, friends! You are mighty warriors, indeed," says Wiglaff as he steps over the bodies & peers through the door through which the goblins entered the room.

Once he's had a look down the corridor, unless he sees something very interested he'll probably close the door & suggest the party explore the concealed passage to the north before exiting the room.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.