(052) Reckoning the Abbey

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:50 am

sulldawga wrote:
Dorgan will suddenly snap his fingers, as if something pops to mind.

"Uh, Miss, I'd lose that leaf envelope right quick if I was you. I just remembered what it was... it has to do with the Guore like we found sleeping under our house back in Ket. Ain't nothing good comin' from it!"

He scratches his beard a second or two.

"Either they followed us and killed ol' Garven, or he was one'a them all along! Anyway, no matter now. Let's get back ta exploring."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:01 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond nods in agreement and says, "come on; let's see what the rest of this place has to offer."

He turns and leads the group back to the abbey to continue searching for anything of interest.

"Should we start with the passage down the hall near the library?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:35 am

danhem wrote:
Since no one else seems willing to take on the grim task and the gate seems reasonably well protected, Ulric heads out to Evongr's remains and searches around to see what equipment he had that is able to be salvaged, picking up what he deems worthwhile.

Once this is complete, Ulric heads back though the gate.

"Yes, to the north. Let's see if we can make a complete circuit of the upper buildings. Maybe we'll find the kitchen intact?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:44 pm

verhaden wrote:
Torben

Torben secures his arms and armor and steels himself for the secrets this abbey has yet to reveal. 'I'll take point.'

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:52 pm

coffee wrote:
verhaden wrote:Torben

Torben secures his arms and armor and steels himself for the secrets this abbey has yet to reveal. 'I'll take point.'
"I'll back you up," Dieter says, hefting his sword and bringing up his shield.

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:50 pm

mgtremaine wrote:
Wen would hear Torben and Dieter getting ready to move out and stow the walking stick, unless he managed to figure out if it has any useful properties. "My meager skills are at your service. Which means I've got 2 daggers and a torch. Wen would smile at the heroic fighters and draw a dagger in his right hand and carry his staff in his left.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:02 pm

flightcommander wrote:
With a glance back in trepidation at Evongr's worldly remains, Armando makes sure his treasures are all securely stowed before joining Ulric and the others as they reenter the Abbey ...

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:33 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond steps in line behind Dieter and patiently waits for the rest of the company to finish what they're doing and move back into the abbey. Time waits for no man, after all...

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:42 pm

doctorx wrote:
Josiane drops the leaf envelope with a shudder, whispers a quick but fervent prayer for Murphy's safety, then falls in with the others, beside Dorgan if possible.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:06 pm

tonneau wrote:
mgtremaine wrote:Wen would hear Torben and Dieter getting ready to move out and stow the walking stick, unless he managed to figure out if it has any useful properties. "My meager skills are at your service. Which means I've got 2 daggers and a torch. Wen would smile at the heroic fighters and draw a dagger in his right hand and carry his staff in his left.
Gustave, though clearly distressed by the absence of any pastries awaiting at the camp, steels himself for another run at the demon-infested abbey.

"Lead on, my dear flamefingers", he calls to Ulric at the head of the column.

He eyes the gore-clad elf wizard (now particularly ripe as the clingy bits of shadow-beast cure in the sun) brandishing his letter-opener with some distaste, and positions himself at the rear of the returning party, hoping that it is sufficiently downwind.

Return to “Hinterlands”