(050) The Heart of Woe

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:25 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

verhaden wrote:
Torben

"Whatever we do," Torben interrupts, "I'd like to do it not standin' round here longer than we've already have."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:45 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

mgtremaine wrote:
Wen would look out towards the foothills. I wish that well we passed was not so far away. I think a large amount of water might be handy against this tar beast. Wen adjusts the daggers he is carrying, inspecting each to make sure they are ready for throwing.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:51 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond shrugs, "If we're all together now, can't we just leave? We never promised those sisters we'd clear out their home. And they weren't terribly honest with us about who had taken over the abbey, I might add."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:17 am

(050) The Heart of Woe

eris wrote:
sulldawga wrote:Dorgan snorts at Ulric's comment.

"I'll be impressed if ya find anything in the library. It's burnt to a crisp. Maybe we oughta see if yer tar golem is gone home to mama or not. After that, I like the sound of goin' down stairs, since I think there's some silver below us."
"There t'wert a sign of it when I peeped round the doorframe a couple of minute ago." Olaf says, "It came out of the tar when we got close to it and didn't keep coming, so it might be tied to the tar pit in some way."

"There's a couple of priest types that went in there." Olaf adds, "Don't know where they went to. They weren't there when we went looking for them."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:19 am

(050) The Heart of Woe

eris wrote:
flightcommander wrote:
danhem wrote:"I'd hate to leave with so little gained, however ..."
"Ahem!" Armando draws aside his cloak to reveal to the party the silvered relics, namely the bowl and candelabra, which he snatched from the altar. "There is yet more I have discovered €” all bearing the designs of Thuul-worship €” but surely this is no place to exhibit it. The automaton of the tar pit might at any moment burst forth from within, or any other dire foe for that matter. Might we not be safer beyond the gates?"
"Doubt we're likely to be safe anywhere." Olaf says, "Best to get a move on, though, standing still just makes us targets."

"Do you think those relics are enough to get the Sisters to complete their bargain?" Olaf asks.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:37 am

(050) The Heart of Woe

sulldawga wrote:
Dorgan

"I'm ok with not going back in the tar pit if'n no one has the stomach for it, but let's check out the rest of the buildings afore we leave. I barely got two coppers to my name. There's gotta be some gold somewhere around here."

The dwarf stops and scratches his chin through his beard.

"Might as well ask the expert."

Dorgan will pull out the Marrowstone once again and concentrate on finding treasure in the courtyard.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:32 am

(050) The Heart of Woe

flightcommander wrote:
Armando looks to Josiane to confirm the provenance of the two relics.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:37 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

waysoftheearth wrote:
Dorgan retrieves the Marrowstone again, but it feels cool and unresponsive. Whatever the reason, he cannot coax a reaction from it.

Meanwhile, as the others exchange intelligence, Armando and Josiane confer over the alter relics... there is little doubt of their authenticity, though their status as "grand relics" is clearly questionable.

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:48 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

mgtremaine wrote:
Wen watches Dorgan intently as he attempts to divine with the Morrowstone. He would frown a bit when it fails. He would then look around for small stones the right size to throw.....

"I know this sounds crazy but, perhaps we should poke the hornets nest. You know from a safe distance. As Highbough says we have no idea what isI real and what is not here. The idea of magical tar Golum guarding the entrance is a little too convenient. We have no water but we have plenty of stones and I have one candle remaining. I say we see if we can get a reaction form the tar pool. Worse case we retreat to the outside, if we are lucky we might draw those priests outside where we can catch them in open battle. "
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:03 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond looks at Wen in disbelief, "Wah? Wait, a second. Let's talk about this before we go throwing stones, wizard. Why don't we just start by going back to the hallway with the library and continuing past there to the double doors the priests went through? Maybe we'll find some priests there worth killing. Or some gold there worth looting. Sure, I'd rather try to take on a priest than some huge lava golem..." He looks at the small amount of loot/items pilfered so far and adds, "I'm not ready to go back to being poor just yet, but I'm also not ready to go back to being dead; been close once and it wasn't fun."

Return to “Hinterlands”