(050) The Heart of Woe

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:19 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

mgtremaine wrote:
Wen would smile at Desmond and give off a laugh. "I just have a feeling that we've bloodied them more then we think. They have retreated to a deep hole, I suspect they will not come out. Think about it, they had every advantage, surprise, illusions, wolves, shapeshifters, and arcane priests, yet even split into groups we drove them off. I have a feeling they will not press the fight to us anymore. Exploring the rest of the abbey is a good idea, but leaving the tar pool/bolt hole un-observed is not. We must keep an eye out for the priests and destroy them if they come out. "
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:25 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

sulldawga wrote:
Dorgan shrugs his shoulders. "Mebbe I've called on the Marrowstone's powers too many times today. I'll let it cool off a bit."

The dwarf will put the stone back into his pack and get ready for action, pulling out Mads Cold Iron Axe and steadying his shield.

"Let's assume for now that the bad guys have retreated, and the golem's gone, too. A good time to do a little exploring, and if they come back, we can think about retreating. Who wants to check these other buildings with me?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:37 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond nods and moves to stand by Dorgan.

Mondes rolls his eyes and sighs, "'ere we go again..."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:44 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

mgtremaine wrote:
Wen would giggle at Mondes. "Not sure how much help I am at this point but I'm game, unless I'm needed to watch the tar pool. Anyone need a torch?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:48 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

danhem wrote:
"Let's try to stay together," Ulric says, "but lets certainly get moving. We should avoid dealing with that creature if we can and I don't like the idea of leaving anyone behind here. If we get cornered we're better off together. We know there are other ways down; lets try those first. Josiane, doesn't your order keep their best relics in their crypts?"

Ulric pauses a moment then continues.

"Returning to the site of your last engagement sounds promising. Can we get back through the ruined passage Guntram created easily? On the way we should stop at the main gate to see if our other companions are in site. Evongr and Garven have likely died from boredom by now."

OOC: [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:02 am

(050) The Heart of Woe

doctorx wrote:
danhem wrote:Josiane, doesn't your order keep their best relics in their crypts?"
O.O.C: Erm... ways? Do they? [img]images/smiley/undecided.png[/img] [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Can Josiane determine anything further about the artefacts Armando has recovered?

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:01 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

coffee wrote:
Dieter ignores the general discussion, but keeps his eyes peeled for the slightest sign of trouble.

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:00 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

mgtremaine wrote:
danhem wrote: "Returning to the site of your last engagement sounds promising. Can we get back through the ruined passage Guntram created easily? On the way we should stop at the main gate to see if our other companions are in site. Evongr and Garven have likely died from boredom by now."
Wen would nod in agreement. "A wise thought, we could use the extra man power and I'm sure they'd appreciate us retrieving them. Let us go quickly to the gate and signal the the camp guards. Lead on."

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:31 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

mushgnome wrote:
"By the way," speaks Invisible Highbough, "Olaf and I checked the tower for snipers or lookouts, but we found it unguarded. One of us should take a look around from up there, once we've first cleared out the immediate area. We left a rope hanging from the rooftop; if you go to the southwest corner of the bell tower, you will see it hanging from the eaves of the nearest building. If any of us gets trapped in the courtyard, this is your escape route, across the rooftops until you find some low-hanging trees to the outside." (note: this would be up and over the "other buildings" shown on the map.)

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:19 pm

(050) The Heart of Woe

sulldawga wrote:
"Ach, fine, we'll look for the others first."

Dorgan will move out immediately for the main gate.

Return to “Hinterlands”