The First Adventure


Mushgnome's Lovecraftian PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

User avatar

Posts: 779

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:22 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Somehow overcoming his disgust & fear, Willie leaps forth, perhaps as the un-dead are still rising, and makes a furious attack from behind with his hand-axe!
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1764

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:19 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal tries to cut down the nearest former-adventurer with his sword.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:44 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Turn 28 Combat Turn 0

Willie chops his target in half, and the battle is on! Dougal, Chegs, Potty, and Tet vs the 2 remaining undead!


If we don't hear from our missing players soon then I will NPC them for this battle. Any suggestions how Chegs, Potty, and Tet should be deployed? Remember that initiative will be simultaneous, so even if you win, the undead will have a chance to act. Uh-oh.

We might as well resolve Willie's sneak attack:

1d20+4=16, hit for 2d6=6 damage, destroying 1 undead 'Ghoul C' (the weakest)
User avatar

Posts: 779

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:21 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Willie gives a squeak of triumph, then sets his jaw firmly & starts to maneuver toward the wall of the cave, putting it at his back.
I'd say Potty should hang back behind the four fighting hobbets. And everybody stick to the "inside" of the path. I'm worried the zombies might try to pull us off the cliff! :shock:
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1764

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:49 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Being our two burly fighter-types, Chegs and Tet should be up front. I agree that Potty should be in the back, ready to stuff that healing mushroom into someone's mouth should they need it.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:21 am

Re: The First Adventure

Ghoul Battle Turn 1

Dougal chops one of the undead creatures for 2hp, and Tet wallops the other for 2hp. Chegs swings wide of his mark.

One of the ghouls tears into Chegs with its claws, dropping him to 3hp.

Tet is even more unfortunate. The second ghoul pulls him to the ground and shreds him with its teeth. Tet is grievously wounded, and paralyzed to boot!

Potty rushes forward to administer first aid, but the ghoul is tenacious and won't release its prey without a fight!

Your orders for turn 2?


Attack rolls:
Dougal 19, hit for 2hp
Chegs 9, miss
Tet 15, hit for 2hp

The ghouls have 2HD, so they get 2 attacks vs normal-types

Ghoul A vs Chegs: 11, 19 hit once for 2hp dropping him to 3hp! Chegs just barely makes his save vs paralysis with a roll of 12.
Ghoul B vs Tet: 10, 17 hit once for 6hp leaving him with 0hp, unconscious and at death's door. Adding insult to injury, Tet fails his save with a roll of 6 and is paralyzed!
User avatar

Posts: 1764

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:08 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal continues fighting, knowing it is the only way to save Tets!
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 779

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Willie rushes in to the melee, trying to knock the ghoul off of Tet so that Potty can get to him!
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:03 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Apologies for my tardiness. Just in time for Tet to utter "Uhk!" :|
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:08 am

Re: The First Adventure


Hi @waysoftheearth! Perfect timing. ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Deeper Arkham

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software