Delve the Fifth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1157

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:09 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

I have decided to make the front line Rhod, Maloof, Grampus
User avatar

Posts: 1157

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:42 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Maloof rushes forward to plug the hole left by Erik, and Grampus rushes towards the head of the beast, hoping to strike its head off. Wiglaff and Wodan from one side, and Aldbane from the other, converge on its flanks, while Ori, Nori and Dori circle around the pillar and attack it from the rear. Franklin ducks behind a pillar, while Vesh waits behind his two mercenaries to see which way the battle goes.

The maddened snake-thing is super-fast, and bites and breathes on the people in front, and both Rhod and Grampus take more damage. Then the party descends upon it en masse and chops it to death. There is no way to tell who got the killing blow

MECHANICS

INITIATIVE
Party 2, Monster 6

Monster @Rhod 11, 19, 1, hits once for <1d6>=2 damage
Monster @Maloof 7, 6
Monster @Grampus 19, 10, hits once for <1d6>=5 damage

Rhod @Monster, rolls 9 miss
Maloof @Monster, rolls 7 miss
Grampus @Monster, rolls 19 hit for <1d6>=3 damage
Wiglaff @Monster, rolls 18 hit for <1d6>=1 damage
Wodan @Monster, rolls 2 miss
Aldbane @Monster, rolls 5 miss
Ori @Monster, rolls 14 hit for <1d6>=5 damage
Nori @Monster, rolls 16 hit for <1d6>=4 damage
Dori @Monster, rolls 15 hit for <1d6>=2 damage


WOUNDS
Rhod 7/11
Grampus 6/15
Erik, dead

Monster 35 damage taken - DEAD

Posts: 56

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:47 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

Grampus, sighs, "Wow! That was some vicious beast! Glad it is gone. But I think now I need to go up and get some healing done before we go any further along."
User avatar

Posts: 527

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:45 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Aldbane steps back and wipes his brow. "Poor Erik, there is nothing to be done for him now. Grampus, I must rest and pray to Soldra for the power to heal, so I agree we should leave and come back tomorrow... or maybe even in two days," he says, looking closely at the wounded Dwarf.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 148

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:29 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Vesh relaxes a bit but stays on guard in case the melee has drawn other monsters.

"I am all for returning to the surface so I can study my spell book and see if there is a more useful spell I can memorize but I'll explore more if the majority of the party prefers to do that instead", says Vesh.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5
User avatar

Posts: 1094

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:05 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

"Are you guys okay?" asks Franklin. "We should return to the surface and get those wounds patched up. Before we go, though, I wonder if the creature has a nest or lair full of treasure? Does anyone want to come with me while I finish scouting this room? The wounded can stay here."
User avatar

Posts: 153

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:59 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

"I will join you." Maloof replies to Franklin.
User avatar

Posts: 148

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Vesh says, "I'll join you Franklin. Mona with me, Marco & Aiden stay with the wounded if you please".
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5
User avatar

Posts: 1157

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:07 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Do a really fast perimeter scout?
User avatar

Posts: 1094

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:50 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

A quick sweep of the perimeter, to check whether the monster was guarding any treasure.
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software