Delve the 8th


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 935

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:25 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Yes, let's replace the door, gather our things, and continue exploring.

1. There's a door that opens into a magical darkness across the hall.
2. There's an unexplored door to the west.
3. Another north & then west.

Any preference? I'm leaning toward just opening some fresh doors rather than digging deeply into mysteries like the darkness across the hall.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 635

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:59 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

acodispo wrote:Any preference? I'm leaning toward just opening some fresh doors rather than digging deeply into mysteries like the darkness across the hall.


That sounds good.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 296

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:21 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Agreed
User avatar

Posts: 935

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:23 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Assuming there's broad agreement, let's go:

  • north to the next door on the west wall, open it
  • go through the room & down the passage, through the door at the end into the next room, and
  • try the door at the end of the passage in the NW corner (of the room marked 21 on my map)
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 784

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:10 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Yup, sounds good.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 116

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:25 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

"Yes let's go there", says Grampus.
User avatar

Posts: 1573

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:21 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

You proceed, and after suitable precautions at the door, open it onto a 30'wide x 40' deep room (the room's extension is all to the south). Two decorative pillars flank a statue on the south wall of a woman holding a torch in one hand and a key in the other. In front is an unstained white marble altar
User avatar

Posts: 296

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm

Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:52 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Figuring that the statue appears to have a benevolent air, Maloof approaches it and humbles himself at its feet.
User avatar

Posts: 935

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:41 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Wiglaff will politely bow to the statue.

"Hail, lady!"
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1573

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:55 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Just before he gets to the altar, a 10' square of ground underneath his feet vanishes, and he falls 10' down into a pit, taking <1d6>=4 damage. As he hits the floor of the pit, a secret door slides open at the bottom of the pit and two skeletons with swords stride out and slash at him! One wounds him severely, and Maloof is close to death

MECHANICS
Falling damage <1d6>=4
Maloof is at 5/9 hit points

Skeleton1 @ Maloof, rolls 11 miss
Skeleton2 @ Maloof, rolls 18 hits for >1d6>=4 damage
Maloof is at 1/9 hit points
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software