Delve the 8th

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Post by kipper » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:11 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Maloof keeps a very watchful eye on the webbed corridor.

Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:30 am

Re: Delve the 8th

We could try burning the webs. That's a thought, not a command, though. I'm speculating.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:36 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Yes, but we might risk damaging any treasure hidden somewhere within. :?

What's the condition of the webs? do they look dusty? are there new, sticky strands?

Is it correct there is no tunnel or passage through the webs, just a solid wall?

Once we've inspected the webs to our content, I suggest we open the door on the north wall, since we've not done that yet as far as I recall.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:27 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

What's the condition of the webs? do they look dusty? are there new, sticky strands?
The ones close to you are dusty
Is it correct there is no tunnel or passage through the webs, just a solid wall?
You could walk down the corridor though the webs, but the webs are very thick and you would be constantly clearing them aside with something more than just your arms
Once we've inspected the webs to our content, I suggest we open the door on the north wall, since we've not done that yet as far as I recall.
I'll wait for feedback on this suggestion, then act on it if none is forthcoming

Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:41 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

You open the north door onto a 20x40 room filled with webs. In various places around the room you see foot-long spiders, in the middle of their webs, three all told. They haven't moved yet. Empty husks litter the room, and near one you see the glint of silver and gold, and a weapon
MAPPER: Room is 40' east - west, 10' on west side of door, 20' on east side of door

Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Let's ready a volley of missile weapons & shoot the spiders from the doorway! Wiglaff's men-at-arms will stand ready to hold the door against their approach.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:03 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Aldbane has a sling and will use it if needed, but will yield first shot to anyone with more skill.
Assuming only a few people can fire through the door at once (also Aldbane has a DEX of 5). If Aldbane's sling is not needed, he'll guard the corridor but be ready to engage the spiders in melee.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:07 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

I'll let Rhod, Grampus and Wiglaff get off shots. One at each, or concentrate your fire?

Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by coffee » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:15 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

Good question. If we each fire at a separate foe, we probably won't kill any of them. But if we concentrate, that potentially leaves two completely unwounded and one wounded but still active.

Screw it, let's all fire on the closest one. And have somebody ready to slam the door in case they might get out and overwhelm us.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 1073
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Delve the 8th

coffee wrote:Screw it, let's all fire on the closest one. And have somebody ready to slam the door in case they might get out and overwhelm us.
!

Agreed.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.