The First Adventure


Mushgnome's Lovecraftian PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

User avatar

Posts: 1736

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:02 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal agrees and leads the way, lamp held high* so the others can see as well.


*still not much more than 4'3" due to Dougal being a hobbit
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 408

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:31 am

Re: The First Adventure

"Oh poor fellow", laments Potty, leaning over the gruesome remains of one of his victims. "Well I did offer you a mushroom. Perhaps next time, a little consideration of a friendly overture is in order yes?"

He wipes the end of his walking staff on the rats fur, then follows his comrades.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1239

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:25 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Turn 21

Our heroes move on from the rat battle, filling in an area of their map and discovering a tunnel to the west.

At the spot marked X is a small wooden chest.

Image
User avatar

Posts: 16497

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:29 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Ooooh, let's hope it's food! whispers Tets. He looks up and down and around to see if there's any strings or wires or other tomfoolery about.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1239

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:54 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Tet pokes his head into the alcove and takes a look at the chest. It is an antique "pirate style" chest, about one foot wide. Tet doesn't see any strings or wires. Where the lock would be, there is a rectangle of aged leather, like a luggage tag. The tag is attached to a short length of chain, which goes through the keyhole and inside the chest. On the tag are embossed the words: PULL ME

Tet hears a faint ticking sound from within the chest, like a clockwork mechanism.
Listen roll 1d6=6, nice!
User avatar

Posts: 16497

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:01 am

Re: The First Adventure

That ain't breakfast, says Tet, his disappointment clear. That's mischief!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1736

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:51 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal shrugs, "Could be another one of those 'helpful' chests, like what we saw in the first big room. I say pull it."

If Tet doesn't want to pull the tag, Desmond Dougal will.


Yeah... they sorta feel similar sometimes...
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 719

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:41 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Willie doesn't want to lose any more teeth today, so he stands back behind the corner while Dougal pulls the tag.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1239

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:36 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal cautiously pulls the tag and hears a series of 'tick tick tick' noises from within, like a winding gear. When he has pulled the chain about six inches, he is startled to hear voices from inside the chest! It sounds like a group of a half-dozen Hobbets, mixed male and female. The voices sound tinny and far away, yet paradoxically they are also quite loud. The Hobbet voices from inside the chest recite in unison:

How do you fix a broken tomato?

Dougal feels the chain has not yet reached its end, and he could continue pulling, if he chooses. What does he do? Do the other Hobbets wish to approach or interact with the chest?
User avatar

Posts: 1736

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal chuckles at the age-old joke he learned when he was a kid.

"Tomato paste, of course!" he replies, hoping it is loud enough for the hobbets inside the chest to hear.

He waits a moment to see if there is a reaction from inside the box before he pulls the chain any further.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
PreviousNext

Return to Deeper Arkham

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software