Delve the Fifth


Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 782

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:20 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

"Before we mess around with the magic of these cards, I suggest we explore the rest of this hall and the adjoining rooms, and see if we can turn up any clues."

If there are no objections, Wiglaff votes we move to the newly discovered door past the planetary system fresco, listen, then open that.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]

Posts: 76

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:08 am

Location: Guelph, Upper Canada

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Grampus puts on his contact lenses he received from the stretchman and agrees to proceed.
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:24 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

While Wiglaff listens at the door, Franklin and Sconces look out for any monsters approaching from the dark end of the hall.
User avatar

Posts: 578

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:05 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

Aldbane keeps watch in the corridor as well.
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2+1 hp 12/12) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 170

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:11 am

Re: Delve the Fifth

acodispo wrote:"Before we mess around with the magic of these cards, I suggest we explore the rest of this hall and the adjoining rooms, and see if we can turn up any clues."

If there are no objections, Wiglaff votes we move to the newly discovered door past the planetary system fresco, listen, then open that.


"Lets do so", says Vesh as he waits for Wiglaff to take the lead. "Strange place, eh Wiglaff? These frescos & the Stretched being are not what I am used to, but I am intrigued what they might portend", continues Vesh as Wiglaff draws near.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5
User avatar

Posts: 782

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:52 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

"Yes," Wiglaff answers Vesh, "It is too quiet, I think. Eerie & strange."
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1375

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:20 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

From the door you are about to check, you can see that the south wall extends another 20 feet west, then turns north.

Before you can listen at the door, you see Sconces stiffen and point north. Far in the distance, maybe 80 or 90 feet away, you can see a large snake like figure moving towards you, propelled on what look like spider legs. Thick black smoke is exhaling from its mouth
User avatar

Posts: 716

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:26 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Rhod hefts his sword and shield and prepares for battle.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 782

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:32 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Wiglaff shouts:

"Halt! We mean you no harm!"

However, unless the creature stops & shows signs of wanting to talk, Wiglaff will begin firing from his shortbow as soon as possible.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:22 pm

Re: Delve the Fifth

Unless the creature immediately responds to Wiglaff in a non-threatening manner, Franklin will fire a sling stone and then fall back behind the front line of armored fighters.
PreviousNext

Return to Gorthaur's Madness

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software