Delve the Fourth

Makofan's Deep Dungeon Crawl PBP

Moderator: Makofan

Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:57 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

vesh turns to see if what the bird-man says is true and readies himself.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Posts: 1697
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Ebon Hearted Soul wrote:vesh turns to see if what the bird-man says is true and readies himself.


He sees no evidence that it is true

Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:32 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

"Oi! be wary. Can anyone see anything from where you are? I cannot, except the bird-man.

[OOC: What does the bird-man look like? Can we see the type of weapon or weapons it has? Does it appeal to be a caster or warrior type, from what Vesh can see?]
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Posts: 1697
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:55 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Ebon Hearted Soul wrote:"Oi! be wary. Can anyone see anything from where you are? I cannot, except the bird-man.

[OOC: What does the bird-man look like? Can we see the type of weapon or weapons it has? Does it appeal to be a caster or warrior type, from what Vesh can see?]


griffin-headed humanoid figure, dressed in chain and clutching a sword in their right talon

Posts: 1600
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post by mushgnome » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:38 am

Re: Delve the Fourth

If Grampus can hear the commotion then he moves into the hallway and gestures for his dwarves to join him. He is on alert against a flanking attack.

Posts: 671
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm
Location: Southern Quebec

Post by merias » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Aldbane alerts those in the room. "A lone bird-man, saying we're surrounded!"
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 3 hp 13/13) plate+shield+helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing[/f]

Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post by Ebon Hearted Soul » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:27 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

Vesh stands between both groups waiting to give assistance where needed. He is very wary and keeping a eye open for any other threats that might either join the lone Bird-man or come from the direction the group had come from.

One thing Vesh will also do is see if their is an empty wall sconce nearby to place his torch. If there is he'll move to place it there to free up his left hand; if not he'll gently place it on the floor near a wall so he can use his staff properly.
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5

Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

"Hold where you stand, Bird Man!" shouts Wiglaff coldly. "We are warriors of no small skill, and also number among us sorcerers of renown.

"You would do well to parley with us, rather than making threats."


He raises his mighty battle-ax slightly to help make this point.

"Who are you, and what is your purpose here? What business do you have with us?"

Meanwhile, the elf warrior keeps an eye on the company. He's trying to keep the bird-man talking until the company is fully formed up in the main corridor.

Did the bird-man enter the corridor from the door across from the one-way door into Klos' room (room 27 on my map)? Is the door Wiglaff was headed toward still unopened?
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Posts: 1697
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Makofan » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:45 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

acodispo wrote:"Hold where you stand, Bird Man!" shouts Wiglaff coldly. "We are warriors of no small skill, and also number among us sorcerers of renown.

"You would do well to parley with us, rather than making threats."


He raises his mighty battle-ax slightly to help make this point.

"Who are you, and what is your purpose here? What business do you have with us?"

Meanwhile, the elf warrior keeps an eye on the company. He's trying to keep the bird-man talking until the company is fully formed up in the main corridor.

Did the bird-man enter the corridor from the door across from the one-way door into Klos' room (room 27 on my map)? Is the door Wiglaff was headed toward still unopened?


Yes, he emerged from the door across from room 27. The door in front of Wiglaff is unopened

Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by acodispo » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:42 pm

Re: Delve the Fourth

A suggestion, based on recent intentions, for how we might be forming up in the corridor:

[Wiglaff E1] [Rhod F1]
[Edgar torch] [Maloof C1]

[Georges torch] [Vesh Mu1]

[Aldbane C2] [Francis torch]
[Grampus Dw1] [Nori hench]
[Ori hench] [Dori hench]

The top of this would be furthest west (closest to the evident bird-man), the bottom furthest east (just outside the cloak room).

Rhod placed in front rank only because that is his space in the current marching order.

Use or disregard as necessary. :)
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf, F3/MU2 (M 12", AC 9, HD 4+1, hp 14/14, N) cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe; light, colour spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]

Return to “Gorthaur's Madness”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.