Primordial Ooze...

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by ehiker133 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:22 pm

Re: Primordial Ooze...

mushgnome wrote: @ehiker I saw what you wrote about Boggs on your character sheet, neat!
Thanks! I had to work his knowledge of Dwarven into the story line somehow; figured that was a good way to do it. And I expect Boggs would have ample work in the catacombs of Ket, given the meta-knowledge I have. ;)
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by riftstone » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:02 am

Ok, I think he is mostly ready:

Str - 8
Int - 16
Wis - 14
Con - 13
Dex - 10
Cha - 12

starting coin: 120 sp

Name: Sinduval "Whitemantle" Silverbirch
Title: Medium
Class: Magic-User
Type: Neutral Male Elf
Level: 1
HD:
Hit Points:

Equipment:

(2) Dagger (6 sp, 4 lbs)
White Oak Staff (1 sp, 5 lbs)

(2) Sack, Large (4 sp)
Cloak, hooded (2 sp, 2 lbs)
Satchel (2 sp)
(6) Charcoal (6 cp)
(2) Scrollcase (2 sp, 4 lbs)
Flute (2 sp, 1 lbs)
(6) Candles (1 sp, 1 lbs)
(6) Iron spikes (1 sp, 10 lbs)
Lantern (10 sp, 5 lbs)
(6) Flask, oil (12 sp, 12 lbs)
100 ft rope (2 sp, 20 lbs)
Smoking Pipe (2 sp)
Pipeweed pouch (10 sp)
String (1 sp, 1 lbs)
(6) Torches (1 sp, 5 lbs)
Tinderbox (1 sp)
2 Weeks Rations, Iron (30 sp, 14 lbs)

Ordinary Clothing
Backpack
1 week ordinary supplies
bedroll
waterskin
coin purse

Coins/Treasure:
29 sp, 30 cp

Encumbrance: 84 lbs
Movement: 12"

Languages: Illiberal, Serayenon, Literate, Faerie(?)

I guess the rest of the languages are randomly assigned based on alignment? I noticed Faerie on the list and was hoping to take that as one of them...

Also, how do we work out spells?

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:39 am

Very good riftstone.
riftstone wrote:I guess the rest of the languages are randomly assigned based on alignment? I noticed Faerie on the list and was hoping to take that as one of them...
All players get their starting two languages. Then M-Us and clerics can choose literacy, and clerics can choose lawful. Then all players can choose any one language (excluding other alignment tongues). Any remainder are determined randomly by alignment.
Yes, Sinduval can know Illiberal, Serayenon, Literate, Faerie, and 4 randonly determined neutral languages.

riftstone wrote:Also, how do we work out spells?
You will know Read Magic, and one spell of your own devising. You will also get six more throws from the first level spells list; I will post these for you shortly...

Riftstone, please PM me your gmail address...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:04 am

Karl Fredrich Schmidt speaks Gothic (man), Illiberal (common) and two randomly determined Lawful tongues: 2 # d19 → [2, 18] so Golden Dragon and Unicorn. Err, if that ain't cool, what is??

Sindaval Silverbirch speaks Serayenon (elvish), Illiberal (common), is literate, Faerie (pixie), and 4 randomly determined Neutral languages: 4 # d34 → [26, 34, 16, 7] so Orc/Giant Orc, Werewolf, Invisible Stalker, and Dryad.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:48 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:Karl Fredrich Schmidt speaks Gothic (man), Illiberal (common) and two randomly determined Lawful tongues: 2 # d19 → [2, 18] so Golden Dragon and Unicorn. Err, if that ain't cool, what is??
Can't wait to see how Coffee writes that into his background story. I assume it will include some line about perfume-scented rainbow farts...
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by Todd » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Fighting Man (In Progress)

Todd wrote:In progress... Done?
  Code:
Fendrel
Lawful Human Fighting-Man

STR: 16
INT: 12
WIS:  9
CON: 14
DEX: 13
CHA: 12

HP:
AC: 4/5

Languages: Illiberal...

Coins: 21sp

POSSESSIONS:

* Mail armor (30sp)
* Shield (15sp)
* Flail (8sp)
* 6 iron spikes (1sp)
* Hammer (3sp)
* 7 days of rations (7sp)
* 100ft rope (2sp)
* 6 torches (1sp)
* Tinderbox (2sp)
* ordinary clothing
* backpack
* bedroll
* supplies (7 days)
* water skin
* coin purse

Post by doctorx » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:17 pm

I am working on my character, but there's a lot of number crunching involved (which I'm afraid I've always had trouble with :oops: ) and I'm dealing with a physical injury which limits my ability to get online. (I live on a boat without mains electricity, so I've got to walk places to get internet, and it's my right leg that's crocked. Ow!! :cry: )

The upshot of the above being: I'm going as fast as I can. Please bear with me! :)

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:14 am

Re: Fighting Man (In Progress)

Todd wrote:
Todd wrote:In progress... Done?
  Code:
Fendrel
Lawful Human Fighting-Man

STR: 16
INT: 12
WIS:  9
CON: 14
DEX: 13
CHA: 12

HP:
AC: 4/5

Languages: Illiberal...

Coins: 21sp

POSSESSIONS:

* Mail armor (30sp)
* Shield (15sp)
* Flail (8sp)
* 6 iron spikes (1sp)
* Hammer (3sp)
* 7 days of rations (7sp)
* 100ft rope (2sp)
* 6 torches (1sp)
* Tinderbox (2sp)
* ordinary clothing
* backpack
* bedroll
* supplies (7 days)
* water skin
* coin purse
Almost got it, Todd, but there are a few things to address.

The way the stats work is that you first pull one set of rolls out for your coin purse. In this case, it looks like you pulled one of the 9's out.

At that point, you need to take the remaining rolls, in order, for your Str, Int, Wis, Con, Dex, and Cha scores. Since you are going with human, you get to replace one of those full sets of rolls with a 12 (not one roll in one of the sets).

So your base rolls are:

If you pulled out the last 9 for your coin purse and replaced the 5 with a 12, then you would have:
str 14
int 13
wis 12
con 9
dex 12
cha 12
90sp

If you pulled that first 9 out for your coin purse and replaced the 5 with a 12, then you would have:
str 14
int 13
wis 12
90sp
con 12
dex 12
cha 9

Either one is going to net you about the same character. Since a 9 and 12 CHA give you the same hirelings/reaction, you might take the build with the 12 Con for the better shock survival chance.

For your starting languages, you begin with Illiberal, Gothic, and a Lawful language of your choice. Then you get two more at random (assigned by WOTE).

Your AC would be 4/6 (the shield provides you two pips to AC, so you lose both pips when attacked from the rear).

Finally, you might write a brief (3-4 sentences) description of what drives your character and how they know the languages you've chosen for them.

Post by sully » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:38 am

waysoftheearth wrote:Sully, Brother Herald's "Holy Symbol" is of course an Enimga of Thuul! Please record whether it be of wood, iron, or silver as this will impact its efficacy against the undead.
Done and done.

I believe I still need randomized languages but otherwise, I should be ready to go.

EDIT: My sheet says 4 HP but not sure if that was a placeholder or if you rolled it.

MORE EDITING: Does he have to take a slot to be literate in each language he speaks, or one slot to be literate in all?
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:00 am

sully wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Sully, Brother Herald's "Holy Symbol" is of course an Enimga of Thuul! Please record whether it be of wood, iron, or silver as this will impact its efficacy against the undead.
Done and done.

I believe I still need randomized languages but otherwise, I should be ready to go.

EDIT: My sheet says 4 HP but not sure if that was a placeholder or if you rolled it.

MORE EDITING: Does he have to take a slot to be literate in each language he speaks, or one slot to be literate in all?
The 4hp was just a placeholder, Sully. WOTE will post all of the hit point rolls when he makes them.

I think WOTE is going to have to answer your literacy question. My assumption was in just the specific language of spells you would have to write.

Return to “Character Generation”