Sully's First Delve


Moderator: Makofan

User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Thu May 21, 2015 3:57 pm

Re: Sully's First Delve

Muhali looks around to see if there's anything solid and secure he can tie one end of the rope around.

Brebert, light a second torch and drop the first one down the chute. If it stays lit, Aolis may have use for it.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1088

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Fri May 22, 2015 2:52 pm

Re: Sully's First Delve

sully wrote:Muhali looks around to see if there's anything solid and secure he can tie one end of the rope around.

Brebert, light a second torch and drop the first one down the chute. If it stays lit, Aolis may have use for it.


You could tie a rope around the door handle/latch on the east wall. Brebert lights and drops a torch. You see it swirl down around and out of sight

| I will deal with Aolis' end also, but I want to play out this up top a bit more |
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Fri May 22, 2015 3:20 pm

Re: Sully's First Delve

Muhali says to Gret, Brebert and I are going down there. I want you to hold onto the rope. If you feel three sharp tugs, pull it up. Even if you don't feel anything, pull the rope up every five minutes. If nothing's tied to the end, send the rope back down. If we're not back by the time your torch is about to go out, you are released from my service and may act on your own initiative.

Turning to the cleric, Muhali says, Brebert, please give me a torch and then light another torch for Gret. I will go down first. You next. Extinguish your torch before you go down, and then attempt to light it once you reach bottom, if there's not already light down there.

Once he gets the unlit torch from Brebert, Muhali grabs the rope and climbs down into the pit.


EDIT: Gret ties one end of the rope around the door handle. He's holding onto it as well.

That's one torch down the chute, one for Muhali, one for Brebert, and one for Gret. Brebert has two left.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1088

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Fri May 22, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: Sully's First Delve

How fast do you want to go? Slide and grab the rope if it becomes dangerous, or climb down at climbing speed, always grabbing the rope? It is a slippery twisty stone chute (think of a water slide without the water!)
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Fri May 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Re: Sully's First Delve

Makofan wrote:How fast do you want to go? Slide and grab the rope if it becomes dangerous, or climb down at climbing speed, always grabbing the rope? It is a slippery twisty stone chute (think of a water slide without the water!)


Slide down, grabbing the rope whenever my speed gets too great or the bottom is about to drop out.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1088

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Fri May 22, 2015 9:29 pm

Re: Sully's First Delve

Switching to Aolis' point of view for a moment.


Aolis goes for a wild spiraling ride, before shooting out the tunnel into a room. She has no time but to get more than a few impressions before she slams into water. Fortunately she is not wearing armor, but the sheer speed of the descent and the slamming of the inside of a container dazes her for a second. Spluttering, she tries to claw to the surface. She is in a giant kettle, but with her arms she can heave herself out of the water enough to look over its edge. The splash has aroused the inhabitant of the room, a large ogre, who has picked up a spear and approached the kettle.

"Looks like dinner has dropped in" he says in a horrible voice. "Let me start boiling the water". As he says this he grabs a nearby torch and throws it under the kettle, where to her dismay Aolis hears the crackle of logs burning starting up.

The room is circular, about 40 feet in diameter, with a few exits blocked by doors. She is in a kettle suspended from the ceiling, and the lip of the kettle is probably 8 feet from the floor. The ceiling in the room, and the hole she fell out of, is about 20 feet high.
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Sat May 23, 2015 12:36 am

Re: Sully's First Delve

Aolis climbs out of the kettle on the side opposite the ogre. As soon as she gains her footing, she casts Sleep on the ogre.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1088

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Sat May 23, 2015 4:18 pm

Re: Sully's First Delve

| If she wins initiative, she can cast her spell |

The ogre charges around the kettle at her, but Aolis gets her sleep spell off in time, and the ogre tumbles to the ground. At about this moment, Brebert reaches the hole in the ceiling and looks down on the scene



MECHANICS
Init: Aolis 4, Ogre 3 - Aolis goes first.

Sleep affects 1 creature: ogre slept
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Sat May 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Re: Sully's First Delve

Aolis draws her daggers and finishes the ogre before it awakens.

Muhali attempts to reach the ground without first taking a swim. If he can drop from the hole and swing himself over to the side of the kettle, he will do so.

Well done, Aolis! I rushed to your rescue but it appears you needed no such assistance. In such a case, no leader cannot help but richly reward such bravery and skill. You will have my share of the ogre's treasure and I yours. Are you injured at all?

After making sure the ogre is dead, Muhali will stand guard while Aolis searches the corpse and the room.

Muhali was ahead of Brebert in climbing down the rope.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1088

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 pm

Post Mon May 25, 2015 12:08 am

Re: Sully's First Delve

sully wrote:
Aolis draws her daggers and finishes the ogre before it awakens.

Muhali attempts to reach the ground without first taking a swim. If he can drop from the hole and swing himself over to the side of the kettle, he will do so.

Well done, Aolis! I rushed to your rescue but it appears you needed no such assistance. In such a case, no leader cannot help but richly reward such bravery and skill. You will have my share of the ogre's treasure and I yours. Are you injured at all?

After making sure the ogre is dead, Muhali will stand guard while Aolis searches the corpse and the room.

Muhali was ahead of Brebert in climbing down the rope.


Good news - you have 100 feet of rope, and it manages to reach all the way to the ground. Aolis has taken no damage but her lantern has spilled its oil on the ground, which has now reached the wood under the kettle and set a roaring fire.

Do both Muhali and Brebert climb down, or just Muhali?
PreviousNext

Return to Sully's Delves

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software