Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:31 am

Re: (069) Pilgrims & Practicalities

heartless wrote:
sully wrote:Dorgan will ask Ashtad how far away the ogre bridge is. He wonders aloud if they could make it there and back before dark.
OOC: I assume Ashtad has not left yet, unless I missed something.

Ashtad replies to Dorgan, "The lair is the other side of the outer wall to that kitchen, we came in over the broken wall. We should get back before dark, who here is brave enough to take a look for the treasure in the Ogre lair, and can lead us outside the wall?"
I've moved this post into the OOC thread for now because Dorgan died a few posts earlier.

If it turns out that Josiane saves his life, then you can post this again heartless.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:05 am

Re: Out Of Character

merctime wrote:((EDIT: DoctorX, I called Josiane an elf! I actually thought she was one. As this post was meant to Roleplay off/with you, I've edited it for clarity, and I hope there wasn't a terrible amount of confusion. Please forgive me; Lots to keep up with here. I'll strive to do better and not jar the game like I have been the last couple of days :( ))
I've moved Merctime's OOC comment here; Let's try to keep the in-game thread as "in character" as is plausible :)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:12 am

Which reminds me... I've been pondering the virtues of a different kind of OOC feature which would divide the post into two columns. The "in character" stuff would be in the left-hand column, with any "OOC" stuff (supporting die-rolls, game mechanics, mud maps, etc.) in the adjacent right-hand column.

Do you guys think this would be a worth while improvement?

Post by ehiker133 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:43 am

waysoftheearth wrote:Which reminds me... I've been pondering the virtues of a different kind of OOC feature which would divide the post into two columns. The "in character" stuff would be in the left-hand column, with any "OOC" stuff (supporting die-rolls, game mechanics, mud maps, etc.) in the adjacent right-hand column.

Do you guys think this would be a worth while improvement?
Can that be done per-thread? So... could you set up a test thread for us to see with information in it? It probably wouldn't cause any display issues on a desktop with a good monitor; I guess my only concern would be how well it displays on smaller devices (iPads, smart phones, hand-helds, etc.). I use an iPad 80% of the time when I'm not at work and I know there are some people (you included) who post from their phones. Personally, I can barely stand reading most forums on my phone, never mind posting in them. But I know others don't mind it or don't have other options at times.

Anyway... I'd be interested in seeing what it looks like in a test thread.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by heartless » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:44 pm

Can I get a list of where everyone is currently. So much is happening each day I'm a little lost where everyone is.
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Post by doctorx » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:46 pm

merctime wrote:((EDIT: DoctorX, I called Josiane an elf! I actually thought she was one. As this post was meant to Roleplay off/with you, I've edited it for clarity, and I hope there wasn't a terrible amount of confusion. Please forgive me; Lots to keep up with here. I'll strive to do better and not jar the game like I have been the last couple of days :( ))
No worries. To be fair, she looks rather Elven in terms of her build and given the fact that she's decked out in full Elvish regalia it's a perfectly understandable mistake for your guy to make! :D Josiane will reply in due course, when and if she manages to save Dorgan.

(Assuming she survives the ordeal herself... :shock: )

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Looks like I'm another 1998XP from 3/3 and getting 2nd level spells. So the treasure divide will not get me there in any case so I'm good with what ever share. A 1200xp partial necklace would be fine or a 941xp share with a 100gp gem would be fine. I'm flexible mark me down for one or the other.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by Merctime » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:48 pm

doctorx wrote:No worries. To be fair, she looks rather Elven in terms of her build and given the fact that she's decked out in full Elvish regalia it's a perfectly understandable mistake for your guy to make! :D
You know, now that you mention it, I believe the first time I encountered her, it was the elfish clothing that threw me. I think that's why my brain cried 'Elf Lady'. Thanks for the correction, folks!

Also, thanks WotE, for cleaning up my posts. I'll not force that again; I'll post where I should from now on.

Post by Merctime » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:26 pm

First, sorry for double-posting.

Second, and the meat of this post, is that I've recently been informed of something in this game that I hadn't quite picked up on yet.

I'm told there is something of a 'competition' between the elves and the non-elves developing in this game. I don't believe I'm interested in partaking in that competition; It just doesn't sound fun to me for a variety of reasons.

I suppose the main reason is, as a player, I see these games as 'cooperative' in nature. Perhaps that's because that is MY personal, human-behind-the-screen nature that bleeds into my play. So, stuff like this just doesn't appeal to me. I hope that my decision for Dhren to remain outside of and not participating in this competition of elf/non-elf doesn't cause a problem in the game; Please let me know if it does.

Just tossing that out there. Really enjoying gaming with you all :D

Fight On!

Post by ehiker133 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:03 pm

Merctime wrote: I'm told there is something of a 'competition' between the elves and the non-elves developing in this game.
Ehhhh? First I've heard of this...
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”