(062) The Basal

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by danhem » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: (062) The Basal

doctorx wrote:"The Saint forgive me my idle wits! The Speculem! Lord Ulric, The Queerious Speculem ! Might we not use that to locate our lost friend?"
"We could try Josiane," Ulric says with some hesitation. "Although I would prefer to do that in a more secure location. It will take time and the Speculum does tend to take a good deal of strength to control. We also seemed to be limited to viewing those places that we have already seen. If Gustave is somewhere deeper in these tunnels, we may not be able to locate him."

"But we have delayed here too long I think. We should make a decision. To the hidden sanctuary to rest and regroup or deeper into this pit? My vote is for the former. We may even run into the Gustave above, sitting and waiting to gloat over some great victory."

Post by ehiker133 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:47 pm

"As far as I know, the only way into the Reliquery is through the infirmary. That is where I ran into the dyple genge, so we should be weary," Desmond adds.

"Also, can anyone help me carry these bags of silver?" He taps one of the bags with his toe for emphasis.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by doctorx » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:04 pm

"To the Reliquary," says Josiane firmly; "But carefully. A close watch forward and behind; if these creatures can take our shape it will be their intent to divide us. No-one wander off again please."

She darts a look of mild warning in the direction of the two-headed Halfling before offering to help carry his silver. If Dorgan still wishes her to carry the Marrowstone and his flask she will willingly do so.

Post by mgtremaine » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:20 pm

Wen is re-armored and ready to go. "Back to the Reliquary then, lets finish this, I suspect they are hiding because the didn't expect their fiery friend to fall... Haha alliteration before we battle."Wen laughs and moves toward the front of the march, silver arrow ready, eyes looking for traps.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by sully » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:57 pm

doctorx wrote:If Dorgan still wishes her to carry the Marrowstone and his flask she will willingly do so.
Yes, please.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:09 am

Desmond gives Josiane a sincere look and says, "You certainly don't have to worry about that! At least," he adds, "for a good week or two!"

He secures the box with the gems and the remaining bag of silver in his pack and re-attaches the cage to the outside of it.

"Oh, I ditched my cloak and bow and quiver trying to get away from the creature. If we happen across them, I'd like them back. The fastest way to get there is going to be the door in the northeastern corner of the chapel. That should lead to the hallway that goes straight to the infirmary."
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:32 am

waysoftheearth wrote: By noon ere by moon twice be thy boon,
Whither mountain or star or wind be thy fancy,
Or sea, for all of ages sent unto thee.
"
"About that riddle, Ulric - at first, I, too, thought it might have powers that work twice in a day, but... After thinking it over, I believe it might only be used just two times all together! If we break it down into plain speak, it doesn't say every day or night; I think it is saying whether it is used day or night, it has just two uses. Obviously, mountain, star, wind, and sea refer to the four elements - earth, fire, air, and water."

"The last part," Desmond continues thoughtfully, "says for all ages. I take that to mean permanent. I wonder... Could it be a ring that would grant its wearer two wishes?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:25 am

| Okay, so... I think the plan is to backtrack through the basal, up the stone stair and into the chapel, and then through an untried door in the hope that it leads to a passage that leads to the infirmary.

If this is so, please provide a marching order and we shall have at it! |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by coffee » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:04 pm

Put Desmond on point. He knows the way, and both heads can keep an eye out.

Dieter will be right behind him.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:09 pm

Wen will walk behind Desmond so he can fire his bow over his head and retreat, before melee breaks out.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”