[003] Mother's Lair


Waysoftheearth's V1 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:04 am

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]"You ants still come??" screeches the enraged dragon, oil fires still guttering and smoldering off its body.

It gives an almighty leap toward Mot intent on destroying him and his fellows utterly! At the same moment Jaras, Tirandir, Mot and †delwynn respond as one to the dire circumstances and rush headlong into the lair to let fly their missiles.

Mot flings his dagger at the pouncing monster as he scuttles aside, and whether by fluke or by his magic the knife sinks into its belly as it bellows out another jet of scorching acid at the company rushing into the lair.

Mot catches only a few globs of the searing stuff, but Jaras, Tirandir and †delwynn take the full blast head on, and alas! Jaras is destroyed!

†delwynn's lobbed oil flask deflects of the beast's smoldering scales and goes wide, but Tirandir's missile is true and pierces the monster right through the heart slaying it!

The dragon falls with a riotous clatter, and slides to a halt right before the three survivors, its black/blue scales still hissing and sizzling from the mayhem.

Back in the passageway, Malaveque still has control of the Lizardman.
[/color]


Mot is already in position, so he fires first. Everyone else has to move into position to fire, so they fire in initiative order.

Mot (1d20=14) according to DD all hurled missiles are considered to be at medium range, which is at +1 to hit. Therefore, Mot scores exactly the 15 he requires to hit and (1d6=3) and delivers it a sharp knife in the belly for 3 hp damage.

Initiative is then rolled as the others clash (dragon=5, tirandir=2, jaras=4, aedelwynn=2).

The furious dragon uses its breath weapon again, right down the neck of the passage as the player's rush out, and everyone is hit. Saving throws are rolled (1d20; Jaras=2, Tirandir=12, Mot=16, †delwynn=7) and only Mot (the now genius magician!) saves.

Jaras, Tirandir and †delwynn each suffer 4 hp of acid damage, and Jaras the halfling (having only 2 hp) is destroyed. Tirandir has 5/9 hp remaining, †delwynn has 2/6 hp remaining. Mot suffers only 2 hp damage, and has 2/4 hp remaining.

Now the surviving PCs retaliate (1d20; Tirandir=19, †delwynn=12); †delwynn's oil flask goes wide, but Tirandir's missile is true and (1d6=6!) pierces the monster through the heart slaying it!

The referee rolls another saving throw for the Lizardman (1d20=6), and it remains charmed.

FYI people -- that there was a Young Black Dragon (AC 4, HD 3+2, 12 hp) with no spells.

All that remains is to collect the treasure! Or is it...?

What now [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:14 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

TheLeadershipGeek (SMKSensei) wrote:
(ooc) R.I. P. Brave little hobbit, you died in battle, not in sleep! (or eating) Great game, Simon! ...and that young little dragon kicked some ass.....embled adventurers to the nethers!

(PSA) See here, kiddies, Acid is always a bad trip when draggin's are involved. (/PSA)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:52 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

doctorx wrote:
"O-o-o-o-o-w!" moans †delwynn, slumping to a sitting position on the floor and bewailing the state of his acid-scarred attire.

But to the victors go the spoils. He turns a gleaming, avaricious eye to the piled treasure temptingly close at hand, a covetous grin creeping slowly over his greedy features...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1424

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:32 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

mgtremaine wrote:
Tirandir would have nocked another arrow and stood ready, sizzles of acid and all. He would touch jaras with his foot and verify he is dead. A small sigh would escape him. He would look at Mot and †delwynn and give a small shrug of the shoulder. "We lived". He would then eye the Lizardman for signs of rebellion to the Mot's magic....

If there is no more danger he would move into the lair proper and take a look at the loot.

-Mike

OOC: Well 3 way split if we can carry it [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img] Here's to stinking rich!
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:02 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
[color="Blue"]The dragon's hoard lies before you... piled there in the damp, misty chamber is the dragon's bed of coins!

Counting it all takes most of an hour, but there are 2,000 cp, 23,000 sp, and 16,000 gp. This small fortune aside, there are also 4 pieces of sparkling jewellery (worth 1,300, 1,500, 4,000 and 8,000gp respectively), 15 gemstones (with the most valuable stone being worth 1,000 gp), a magic potion of weightlessness, a scroll of magic-user spells, and magic wand of fear.

A righteous hoard indeed. Many long years of campaigning for the Gray Heart would not earn you such wealth!


[/color]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:46 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

doctorx wrote:
†delwynn's beady eyes dart to the spell scroll, the wand and the potion, although the jewellery also holds his attention... as do the gems... he can't help eyeing up the gold and silver as well... Hells, even the copper has a certain allure...

"Gentlemen, it's time to retire," he murmurs quietly.

O.O.C: I make it four of us left, not counting Malaveque's scaly friend. How do you guys want to split this? I think we're all Mages, so we can all find a use for the magic. Maybe whoever forgoes grabbing a magic item gets first pick of the jewellery? What do you think? [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1424

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:25 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

mgtremaine wrote:
OOC: My bad 4 I forgot Malaveque! We also have various dead PC's who might have a few items worth collecting. With only 3 magic items and 4 characters someone is going to miss out. So...

Tirandir would look over the horde and crack a big smile.... He'd put the jewlery in a small pile, then the gems, then the items....

He would speak... "Some hard choices, hehe, no need to argue there is more then enough to last years ". He'd pick up the biggest piece of Jewlery (8,000gp) "I like this one. How about I keep this, and you each choose one. Then you each chose the item you want and I will go with out. Then we divide the gems but I only take 3. Then we carry as much gold as we can. (The Lizardman might be able to carry bags of silver)

-Mike
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:37 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

waysoftheearth wrote:
doctorx wrote:O.O.C: I make it four of us left, not counting Malaveque's scaly friend. How do you guys want to split this? I think we're all Mages, so we can all find a use for the magic. Maybe whoever forgoes grabbing a magic item gets first pick of the jewellery? What do you think? [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]


Tirandir is a fighter (although he could possibly take up magic-using later in life), and Mot, †delwynn and Malaveque are all magic-users.

Treasure (and hence XP) division is up to the players [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:26 pm

[003] Mother's Lair

doctorx wrote:
†delwynn is stretching out a hand towards the wizard scrolls.

"If neither of my sorcerous chums has any objections? Feel free to have first pick of the jewellery..."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16193

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:58 am

[003] Mother's Lair

Zenopus wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
The dragon falls with a riotous clatter, and slides to a halt right before the three survivors, its black/blue scales still hissing and sizzling from the mayhem.


Hurrah! Mot cannot believe his continued luck.

If Mot can claim the wand, he will be more than happy to let Adelwynn have the scroll, and Tirandir the jewelry he chose.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2012

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software