The First Adventure


Mushgnome's Lovecraftian PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

User avatar

Posts: 1749

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:00 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal eyes the rat carefully as he quietly draws his sword.

"Seems a bit odd, don't it? That rat coming into our lantern light and not running away? Either he's used to hobbets being down here or... he's sick?"


Glad you're back, Mush! I was starting to get a little shakey...
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 1264

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:32 pm

Re: The First Adventure

The rat cautiously accepts Willie's cheese, gobbles it down, and hungrily begs for more. Meanwhile three more rats approach from the same direction. (Disappointingly, these are not talking rats, and they do not respond to Willie's question about what lies to the west.)
Reaction roll 2d6=7, neutral
User avatar

Posts: 1264

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: The First Adventure

5 more rats approach, bringing the total to 8.
User avatar

Posts: 408

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:55 am

Re: The First Adventure

Potty laments briefly that his mind is at present set on discerning hidden threats rather than interpreting the thoughts of beasts.

He pulls some of the healing mushrooms from his pack and offers some to the growing rat-pack, attempting to discern their mood nonetheless.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 731

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:12 pm

Re: The First Adventure

"These rats aren't talking!" remarks Willie, a little disappointed. "Well, shall we be going? I suppose we can see whether the rats follow us or not."

Willie brushes the crumbs off his hands and looks northwest.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1749

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal eyes the rats dubiously.

"There's... there seem to be more now," he says, pointing his sword at the now 8 rats.

He frowns at Potty and shakes his head, "Don't feed them another bite! How many more rats will come? Enough to clean our bones, I'll wager."
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 1264

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:49 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Tonneau wrote:Potty laments briefly that his mind is at present set on discerning hidden threats rather than interpreting the thoughts of beasts.

He pulls some of the healing mushrooms from his pack and offers some to the growing rat-pack, attempting to discern their mood nonetheless.


The rats ignore the mushrooms and lunge toward Potty, snapping hungrily at his fingers!
User avatar

Posts: 731

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:57 am

Re: The First Adventure

"No! Bad rats! No biting!" Willie says sternly -- and then, when they inevitably don't respond by ceasing their attack, he starts whacking rats with his hand-axe.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1264

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:06 am

Re: The First Adventure

Uh oh, more rats! They are swarming from at least two directions from the south.

Willie keeps the rats at bay with his axe (for the moment). They dance just out of reach!

Image
User avatar

Posts: 1749

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:54 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal frowns with an "I told you so" sort of look and says, "Someone get some oil to throw on them."

He also attempts to keep the rats at bay, swinging his sword at them as they come out of the passage nearest him.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
PreviousNext

Return to Deeper Arkham

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software