Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe


Mushgnome's Lovecraftian PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

User avatar

Posts: 383

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:17 am

Re: Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

"A pale forest oxen? What on earth do you mean you overgrown cow?", says Potty , chastising the beast-of-burden with a bent finger, "Honestly I would get more sense from a toadsto..."

Hearing Willies squeak from above, he halts mid-sentence and turns to face the forest, wide eyes seeking the bone-coloured beast.
If he gets a chance (and he is not overcome with fear) Potty will ask the creature what it seeks
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1669

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:04 am

Re: Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

Dougal remains hidden, waiting to see what the creature is and if it means the group harm before he decides on his next action.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 126

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:27 am

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Re: Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

Chegs moves if needed to keep himself between the cart and his fellows and the white beast.

~what sort of beastie is this I wonder~ thinks Chegs
Veshengo "Vesh the scarred" Polgár Magic-User 1
S: 7 I: 17 W: 9 Cn: 13 D: 13 Ch: 4 Gold: 28 Silver: 16 Copper: 10 HP: 5

Warrec "Chegs" Chegwidden Fighting-Hobbet 1
S:14 I:10 W:9 Co:9 D:10 Ch:8 Gold:2 Copper: 45 HP:5
User avatar

Posts: 1040

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:21 pm

Re: Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

Turn 1

Willie is the first to see it: an albino bull moose!

It is making contrabasso rumbling sounds, which Potty understands as a deep-woods dialect of Ungulate: "Hrumm, hrumm... What smells so good? Hrummm!"

The pale moose sniffs the air and continues to stroll casually toward the ox-cart. It gives no indication it has noticed the Hobbets. The moose looks kind of like this, except without the antlers (on account of the winter season):

Image
User avatar

Posts: 16466

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:59 am

Re: Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

Oi hope it likes turnip better'n hobbet! mutters Tet, backing off nervously to give the beast unopposed access to the cart.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 511

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:49 pm

Re: Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

"Well, that's a sight you don't see every day!" marvels Willie.

He backs up to the other end of the cart and watches to see what the moose does.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 9, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+cloak of elvenkind, short-bow, or helm+shield, hand-axe, color spray (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1669

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

Dougal the Black doesn't move a muscle when the large albino beast lumbers by his position in the weeds... and as soon as it passes, he checks to see if anything follows it.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 383

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:31 pm

Re: Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

Potty quickly determines with a glance at his soil-covered attire that he is not the source of the good smell. Emboldened, he peeks over the nearest oxen "Errr...hallo Mr Moose, I wonder if you have seen any attractive mushrooms during your wanderings hereabouts - I am particularly interested in getting hold of a Bishops Finger, or a St Helenas Small Blue....or or if chance would have it, a Bastonian Broadtop! I dont suppose...ah..." he falters, and dips back behind the oxen.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1040

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:16 am

Re: Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

The white moose looks startled and puzzled. He blinks his long eyelashes and perks up his ears. He looks left and right, doesn't see anything, thinks for a minute, and then slowly looks down.

"Oh my! A talking Hobbet! Mushrooms? Mushrooms grow on stumps and logs. Stumps and logs. Mushrooms. Talking Hobbet. Mushrooms."
User avatar

Posts: 1040

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:20 am

Re: Prologue: The Road to Hornpipe

ehiker133 wrote:Dougal the Black doesn't move a muscle when the large albino beast lumbers by his position in the weeds... and as soon as it passes, he checks to see if anything follows it.


Dougal's hiding spot is close enough he could reach out and touch Mr. Moose's leg. The moose appears to be solitary, and nothing following it. Dougal is impressed how such a large creature can move so delicately through the forest, without trampling everything in its path.
PreviousNext

Return to Deeper Arkham

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software