The First Adventure


Mushgnome's Lovecraftian PBP

Moderator: mushgnome

User avatar

Posts: 1714

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:02 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Dougal nods, "Let's remember we can always come back here to rest and maybe find some useful items. For now, let's head to the southwest as Willie suggests."

Don't forget to update your inventory with anything you found while searching.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 1190

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:50 pm

Re: The First Adventure


Fifty pounds of copper would cut Tet's movement rate to 6". Carry the nugget with you and accept the encumbrance penalty, or cache it here for future retrieval?

A quick note: I am house-ruling that Hobbets suffer no size penalty to their carrying capacity. Since Hobbets are the only playable race, we will assume they simply use the standard tables.
User avatar

Posts: 405

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:46 am

Re: The First Adventure

Potty pockets his newfound prizes (after a good sniff) and follows the others.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1190

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:51 am

Re: The First Adventure

Tonneau wrote:Potty pockets his newfound prizes (after a good sniff) and follows the others.


Like an aged cheese or charcuterie, the stinkhorns possess the quality of umami. They smell exquisite to Potty but repulsive to his friends (who tolerate the rank smell in exchange for the proposed healing benefit).

Southwestern adventures to follow...
User avatar

Posts: 16493

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:36 am

Re: The First Adventure

Tet looks at the nugget of copper ore dubiously; "I ain't luggin' that rock about!" he declares, and drops it with thud.
Agreed; let's get on with the exploration :)
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1190

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:40 am

Re: The First Adventure

Turn 20

Our heroes find themselves at a crazy intersection with paths branching in many directions. The tunnels directly to Potty's east are tight squeezes.

Which way, Hobbitses?

Image

Thank you for your patience. I'm back!

Does this marching order look okay to you?
User avatar

Posts: 676

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:17 pm

Re: The First Adventure

Willie stands thinking for a moment, rubbing his temples.

"This place is a maze! Why don't we head right-ward & see if we circle back around to that drop-off again? It might give us some idea where we are before we head off in other directions."
Marching order is good for me!
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16493

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:35 am

Re: The First Adventure

Sounds good! agrees Tet.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1190

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:07 am

Re: The First Adventure

As our heroes contemplate a move to the west, a single rat emerges from the south/southwestern passage. It's not a giant rat or "rodent of unusual size," just a fat, ordinary rat.

Image
User avatar

Posts: 676

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:48 pm

Re: The First Adventure

"Hello!" cries Willie. "What are you doing down here? Do you know what lies to the west?"

He pulls a crumb of cheese off his sleeve & offers it to the rat.
[f=32]Wiglaff the Elf (M 12", AC 3, HD 1+2, hp 8/8, N) helm+plate+cloak of elvenkind, battle-axe (map)[/f]
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, Burglar-in-Training (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L)[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Deeper Arkham

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software