(089) Moonlight Backtrack


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Posts: 533

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:03 pm

Re: (089) Moonlight Backtrack

Freid does go through his bags and pack looking for: 1) rations and water, 2) a way to get food and/or water (string for snares or fishhooks), and 3) ways to light fire.

"Last we knew Ket was controlled by Snorks. They won't be friendly." Freid says, "And I think the outer farms might have been raided to ruin by the Snorks and their friends, too."

"I don't know if Ket is our best bet. Manfried's Camp may be where we should try to go. If we could find it."

Freid doesn't expect to find much useful, but he didn't ditch all his rations or his waterskin nor his tinderbox.

Time of year is interesting. Wasn't it early spring when we started out to the mountains? I'm feeling it's fall now, not spring, is this right?
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:25 pm

Re: (089) Moonlight Backtrack

Zem requires little convincing to paw thru the gold coins in his pack. He does check on the other things but since he tossed aside much of his equipped he mostly finds gold.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 669

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:17 pm

Re: (089) Moonlight Backtrack

Karl likewise searches through his gear, noting what is and is not present.

Yet as he does so, he still keeps one eye on the party's surroundings; it wouldn't do to be surprised in such circumstances!
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16471

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:15 am

Re: (089) Moonlight Backtrack

Per their recent eerie decampment, the company find themselves strangely bereft of their usual gear. Aside from very worn and grubby shirts, hose, and smalls, the company have the following possessions:

Zem has his axe, and his pack full of gold upon his shoulders. But that is all he has with him.

Karl's has his mail and his trusty sword.

Fried is carrying his sword and shield, but nothing more.

Leudigar has the silvered Bleakmass blade and his horsebow (with half a dozen arrows) in its holster.

There are no packs or supplies or other gear between them all.
Note that you've already cashed in the XP for bringing the treasure haul back to "civilisation" (frosty though it was). You have a pack full of gold to get geared up again... you just need to find somewhere to spend it. And food and water.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 669

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:58 pm

Re: (089) Moonlight Backtrack

"First thing we need is water," Karl says. "I say we head down slope and try to find a stream."
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1675

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:51 pm

Re: (089) Moonlight Backtrack

Leudigar nods in agreement. "And maybe there we can find a source of food, as well..."

Leudigar actively searches for water or a water source as they make their way in the direction of Ket.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 533

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:06 pm

Re: (089) Moonlight Backtrack

Freid joins the others in the trek. He also looks for water and any sort of food sources. Is Freid going to be able to recognize any sort of eatable plants?

When the groups go over rises Freid stops and scans the horizon in all directions each time before moving along looking for buildings or smoke that might be coming from chimneys in the distance.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16471

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:21 pm

Re: (089) Moonlight Backtrack

Leudigar leads the hungry company off at a brisk pace. Zem the dwarf is burdened by his heavy pack of gold, and it quickly become apparent that he will be holding everyone else back. On the upside, it gives the longer limbed men ample time to forage for water sources and anything that might be edible.

Water is not difficult to find; they pass small pools and trickling brooks almost hourly. But food is another matter. Although Leudigar is adept at identifying edibles along the way; these meagre findings make for scant rations. The best hope of a decent feed seems to be in shooting or trapping some of the hares that seem to populate the plain. Unfortunately, these are skittish in the extreme, and dart off at even the slightest hint of risk. As the sun approaches its zenith on this mild day, there is no sign of civilisation, and everyone is feeling a mighty hunger. Zem in particular is flustered for bearing all the load and pushing hard to keep pace with the men...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 533

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:38 pm

Re: (089) Moonlight Backtrack

"Zem, can I wear your pack for a bit this afternoon?" Freid asks, "That'll give you a break. I'd move some over to me longer term but I don't seem to have a pack anymore."
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:29 pm

Re: (089) Moonlight Backtrack

Zem would keep his slow, grim pace with a stoicism that says it all."Gold" he would breath and keep going. When Freid offers to carry the pack Zem would scratch his beard and pause. "I suppose or we could divide things up a bit."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software