(084) The Churchcroft Cellar


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 822

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:52 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Boggs orders his number 3 and 4 men to go to the hallway and bring back the 5 and 6 man (or is the other way around? ;)) "Gather everyone together in the boat room. We are pushing deeper into the dungeon."
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling. 6 footmen, 5 x spear + 1 x torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:31 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Morin pokes his head, and his bright lantern, into the L-shaped intersection beyond the doorway. He peers about."The way to the left opposes us with another dratted doorway; I suggest we instead venture forward, leaving perhaps a brace of Boggsmen at the intersection to guard our rear flank."
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16295

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:04 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Brother Walfried has the door, and is the first to peer out, followed by 6ft tall Morin.

The door opens into the crook of an L-shaped passage, so that there are two routes; ahead and left. Ahead, the passage runs 40-50ft to a left turn. To the left, the passage traverses 50-60ft before coming to another door. As before, all is dark, cool, and quiet in this part of the labyrinth...
What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 205

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Brother Walfried picks up his torch & returns it to his pack. Then, assuming that there are no objections, the doughty old campaigner steps out into corridor and proceeds ahead 40-50 ft to the left turn and peers around it.
I'm working off the exploration marching order, which places Walfried & Mero in the 1st rank, with a torchbearing Boggsman behind.

Also, clarification on the "left" passage: does it a) end in a door, or does it b) pass a door on the left or right & continue? My understand is (a).
[f=4]Brother Walfried (M 9", AC 2/4, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) plate+helm, warhammer+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1148

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron clambers out of the boat and takes his place in the queue.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+lantern, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 442

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Orim falls into line and follows.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 217

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Mero attempts to reform the entire company into the established exploration marching order.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 341

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:27 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Lemmi returns Elke to the care of her dwarf handler and slips into position amid the herd of fighter-types.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16295

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

acodispo wrote:Also, clarification on the "left" passage: does it a) end in a door, or does it b) pass a door on the left or right & continue? My understand is (a).

Yes; the left passage ends at a door.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16295

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:01 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Brother Walfried strides ahead to check the left-turn while the company forms up behind him. He reaches the turn without incident ('tis the merest stroll), then looks around to see the passage continues for a like distance before turning right. He sees no obvious impediment to his further progress...
That was a move; another move remains to this turn. What have ye?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Tonneau and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software