(082) The Darkness Below


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 1749

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:37 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Leudigar gives it a try before they move on to the second door...
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 16503

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:49 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Leudigar gives the door a serious shoulder too, but the gnome was right; it's stuck good.
1d6=2
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1749

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:43 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Leudigar glances over at the Herald and Zax, "We ain't sneaking up on anyone at this point... might as well try and get in."

He suggests the gnome assist him in trying to open the door again. "Maybe two of us can make it budge..."
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

The Herald shoves his way past Leudigar, spits into his hands and rubs them together, and slams his shoulder into the door.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1503

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:37 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Zem runs a finger along the edge of his axe, but says nothing.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 408

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:42 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Zax gives the door a comtemptuous glare, then with a dismissive huff walks over to the other door.
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 701

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:17 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

"Why are you trying to break your shoulders?" Karl asks, from the back of the party. "Use your foot!"
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:36 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

The Herald replies, If the Gods wish me to break down this door, then my shoulder will serve as well as my boot.


Also, the Judge only cares if the die comes up 5 or 6, not which appendage I chose! :D
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 16503

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:18 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

The Herald of Man rams into the door hard with his shoulder, jolting his pack and armor, and numbing his left shoulder and half that side of his body. The Gods speak Clearly in the ringing in his ears.
Ah... but the art is all in the story telling around whatever outcomes the dice provide :)

Speaking of which: 1d6=1. The dice are telling us this door is jammed... so unless Zem wants to adjust the situation with that ax of his, it ain't moving.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16503

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:24 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Meanwhile, Zax has already trudged approximately 30-40ft further down the creepy tunnel to the brink of the the company's torch light. Here, in the long shadows, the passage veers around to the right where it ends at another door. It is a timber built, octagonal portal with extravagant iron hinge-work sprawling across it. Even in the semi-dark Zax has the impression this door might be used more regularly...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software