(082) The Darkness Below


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 1500

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:41 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Zem takes a look around at the floor and walls trying to find any hidden troves.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 644

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:18 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Karl will stay on watch, while the others search.

He still has his bow out and ready.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:47 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

  Code:
`````````````Large```````````````````
```````````Unexplored````````````````
`````````````Space```````````````````
````Wide`````````````````````````````
````Arch-->|```./``|````````````````
`````+-----|  \ -- |-----+```````````
Down`|`````'M`'`_|`'`````|```````````
`````|``|``````Ruined````|```````````
``R``|``|``````Walls`````|```````````
``a``|``|````````````````|```````````
``m``|``|````````````````|```````````
``p``|``|----------------|````Statue`
`````|*``*`**``*``*``*`*`|<--`Ledge``
`Up``+--------C----------+```````````
``````````````\``````````````````````
```````````````\`<-- secret `````````
`````````````````````tunnel `````````
`````````````````````````````````````
M = slain Medusa
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:55 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Leudigar, Zem, and Zax begin a search of the bleak chamber, while Karl and Fried maintain a watch and the statue of Akbar looks on.

The tracker starts by looking over the horrible corpse, while Zem takes to the floor and walls, and Zax--assuming the ruins beneath the arch must comprise the monster's "accommodation"--starts there...
I'm not exactly clear on what Fried's specific orders were, so I'll assume he joins Karl on watch duty.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:06 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Zax passes the dark space beyond the wide archway suspiciously to investigate the tumbledown structure at hand; he finds two broad, copper braziers--either side of the remains--burning low to provide the dim illumination, and giving off a foul reek. Apparently the monster was burning its own dung. Within the wall is a shambles of fallen rubble mixed with perhaps a dozen more statues, haphazardly cast down. Most of them are broken in minor or grievous ways... but certainly none of them covets any treasure...

Meanwhile, Zem does a pass over the walls and floor this grim space, but naught appears out of place to his eye. 'Tis solid as any dwarf fortress.

Leudigar examines the hideous corpse, cringing at the barest sideways glimpse of the thing's visage. For all the snakeskin belts and coarse shirt and cape she wore, the snake-woman carried nothing on her person that hints at value, excepting the gold snake ring set with a green gem upon one terrible finger of her left hand.
1d6=?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1500

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:48 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Zem gives a disapproval "huhmm" and moves towards the archway shield and axe ready.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 533

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:25 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

waysoftheearth wrote:I'm not exactly clear on what Fried's specific orders were, so I'll assume he joins Karl on watch duty.

Yes, that is what Freid is doing. He's keeping his eyes open for any and all dangers.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 368

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:39 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

"Ay long-legs" calls Zax over his shoulder in the direction of Leudigar while he eyes the fuming piles of ?dung, "What d'ya make o' this?"
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:01 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

From amid the ruined pile, Zax has a decent view of the dark chamber beyond the great arch. Despite it being dark, he none-the-less has the impression it is larger, and lower than the one on this side. Here and there, his eye catches the unmistakable glimmer of what must surely be treasure, scattered about in the deeper darkness out there...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1646

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:12 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Leudigar removes the gold ring from the corpse and stows it safely in his pack, retrieving his mirror whilst in process.

"I think it smells like shite. Let's try and find something more pleasing... But carefully. There might be more than one of these things in this lair."

Once the ring is removed, Leudigar lights a torch off the glowing embers and throws it into the dark space beyond the archway. He uses his steel mirror to look into the room beyond...
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software