(076) Off the Beaten Track


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 217

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Re: (076) Off the Beaten Track

"Foodstuffs!" exclaims the hobbet as he restocks his pack, "We were in dire need of some rations."
Great list acodispo.

(-4 food from pile)
(-6 torches from pile)
(-1 helmet from pile)
(-1 'Gunter's plate armor' from pile)

In total, the coins weighs 9 lbs. Who has the strength to shoulder that?

The contents of the pile:

  Code:
Friends:

   torches     6
   food        14
   chalk        4
   candle       6
   81sp

   battle axe (Gunt)
   shield? (Gunt)

   padded (disgarded by Wetzel)

   baskets, cats therein (Gert)

   mail (Menno)
   dagger (Menno)
   hand axe (Menno)
   crossbow (Menno)
      30quarrels? (Menno)
   
   staff (Alfwin)
   mace (Alfwin)
   padded (Alfwin)
   helm? (Menno)
   mirror, steel (Alfwin)
   
The Enemy:

   6 conical iron caps
   8 coarse mail over filthy arming jacks
   8 pair hob-nailed boots
   8 days Hob food (plus lizard & small snake)
   6 days Man food
   3 1/2 full wine skins
   30gp
   72sp

   2 suits of mail
   2 swords
   1 mace

   hunting horn
   an iron piton
Last edited by The Red Baron on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:17 pm

Re: (076) Off the Beaten Track

The wounded Boggs sighs. "I don't think we can go on. Back to camp to rest and recruit. There's no time to give our friends a proper burial, but let's gather what we can from their belongings. I think it would make Gunter smile to know his torches will be lighting our way, for example."

Boggs will shoulder his fair share of the useful items: chalk, torches, rations, coins, etc. and the single iron piton.
User avatar

Posts: 1764

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: (076) Off the Beaten Track

Leudigar will take the hunting horn.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 189

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 am

Location: Northern California

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:37 pm

Re: (076) Off the Beaten Track

Faengol will go through Gertrude's pack, searching for her spellbook. No need to leave that behind.
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:19 am

Re: (076) Off the Beaten Track

The Herald says, We should take our friends with us, even if we're forced to abandon them unburied somewhere else. The goblins of Hezmog will find this site sooner or later and best to keep them guessing as to our numbers and strength.

He turns back to Thick-Neck. Patting his mace, he says, Answer my questions or the cruel touch of Leuchtend will be the last thing you feel.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:54 am

Re: (076) Off the Beaten Track

"Yer a gent'," rasps Thick-Neck as Karl passes the wineskin to him. He takes a hugely drawn-out slug from them flask, before wiping his wetted mouth all over the back of his arm. "Ahhhhhhh!" he sighs mightily, his thirst quenched. "That were almost worth dyin' for!"

He slowly bungs the near-flacid skin with his big, grubby paws as he reflects upon Brother Herald's question.

"There ain't much ground a'tween you an' Hezmog now, Brother," he says. "An hardly enough Goblins inside, is my guess. Why else would they 'ave hired us on, eh?"

He pauses to flick a fly away from his lips. "Ways in? Har harr! That's grand. When all tha World's runnin' from Goblins, Tha Bruther here is lookin' for their front door! Well tha way I sees it, tha watch-stair is nearer--just here--and it's gonna be a lot quieter too. Leastwise while them Goblins are thinkin' I've got tha way covered, yeah?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:02 pm

Re: (076) Off the Beaten Track

The Herald asks, Who hired you?
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1764

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:19 pm

Re: (076) Off the Beaten Track

Leudigar listens quietly as Thickneck speaks.

"If he's tellin' the truth, then we need to either clear away the dead before we go back or we need to push forward after we've had a chance to rest. If the goblins know their front door is no longer protected, then they'll try and reinforce their numbers or tuck themselves in tight and make it harder for us to get in. Besides... the loot from this lot is hardly enough to restock on food if we return now. Just a thought, anyway... I suppose if we clear this lot off the path they might not be missed until we can return with more food and some additional swords."
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 1296

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:23 pm

Re: (076) Off the Beaten Track

Boggs listens carefully to Leudigar's council. "The quickest way to get rid of these bodies is to heave them over the cliff into the woods below. The beasts of the forest will clean up the mess."
User avatar

Posts: 189

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 am

Location: Northern California

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: (076) Off the Beaten Track

Faengol muses, "We have a difficult plight for now is the time to strike into the goblins stronghold yet our numbers have been diminished. If we withdraw, certainly the goblins would be ready for us. Still, Tempest help us, one concerted attack may smash their defenses and buy us the time we need to resurge."
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software