(066) Vulfenlund


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 134

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Location: OH

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

Torben

Torben nods and readies to follow the group down the stairs. He looks to Olaf and taps his chest. 'About as helpful as I can be concerning their kind,' he says with a shrug.

OOC: Torben is carrying a lit lantern in his left hand already. If he's going in the middle of the marching order he'd be willing to pass it off to someone else in the party where needed.
User avatar

Posts: 1757

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:35 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

Since it appears a general consensus has been reached, Desmond begins heading back to the hallways with the stairwell, never leaving sight of the party, but moving at a pace that indicates haste.
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 1504

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:40 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

ooc: Wen is fine leaving this for now but I do hope for answers to the last couple of questions. Are the runs used to rotated the ring. I was also curious to know what "moon" is currently set in the device. Which he should be able to see by looking into the ring "window" after inspecting the rungs
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 117

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:42 am

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

"Who is this 'Gustave' whom you seek?", asks Helmut of the party proper, "be he friend or foe? Is he a great warrior?"

"We in the Tynes of Seyal revere the exploits of the Lady Josiane as one of our own, and know that she does not work alone, but know little of those with which she shares her bread." Pausing, he glances at Desmond/Mondes, "I for one was certainly unaware - and I will admit, a bit surprised - that one of them was a two-headed hobbit."

He bows deeply toward the diminutive warrior and says, "I appologise for my earlier comment, he who is called Desmond and Mondes; as we say in the Tines, 'I have your back'."
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:58 am

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

ehiker133 wrote:Desmond climbs up onto the dais to examine the walls on either side of the central circle. Before he steps on it, he examines the floor there to see if he can note anything about it - footprints, discoloured stones or slightly raised stones, wear marks of any kind.


mgtremaine wrote:Wen would approach the Ring/Portal via the side and inspect the rungs. Do they seem to used to turn the inner ring as a method of setting the "portal". Does there seem to be any "keyhole" or "trigger hole" that would explain the stick/staff/sword that is shown in the bias relief.

"Curious isn't it. Inverted stars. I wonder who built this and why."


sully wrote:Dorgan replies [color=#004000]"So this place was built by elves, taken over by werewolves, and then unknowingly overbuilt by Sisters of Mercy? Crazy, mixed-up world we live in.


Desmond inspects the dais and wall again. There is nothing noteworthy about the dais upon which the great ring rests other than--as already noted--it is of a very different kind of stone. Clearly the ring is not native here. So he steps onto the dais but nothing untoward happens; the whole of the structure remains solemnly inert.

Meanwhile Wen skirts the sides and looks at the outer rungs. It seems these could easily be handles which, if pulled, would rotate one of the two rings relative to the other. This would--almost certainly--have the effect of altering the combination of matched runes present in the inset "window" at the apex of the great ring.

Dorgan has no sooner uttered his remark before it dawns on him that the Ring was not made here. It must have been brought here for some purpose from elsewhere after this place was built.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:02 am

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

sully wrote:I'm gonna check out that spiral staircase back a ways. Who's with me?"

Merctime wrote:"It would seem you've plenty of my ilk to assist with the pictograms on the walls and cylinder, if any of you are still of interest in checking them over. I'll provide martial assistance for the forray over to the spiral staircase."

Dhren moves over to a flanking side of anyone who might be moving towards the stairs, hand near sword-hilt and at the ready.

mushgnome wrote:"Of course, the symbols are only backwards when viewed from this side, heh," observes Highbough. "Now let's go explore that cellar. Perhaps we will solve the mystery of Nizzib!"

Condorcet wrote:"I am with you dwarf", says Helmut, "I have read of doppelgangers, but know not how they fight, and this I would discover first hand."

coffee wrote:"What if we leave this for now and investigate the staircase, and then all come back and have a look at this? Perhaps some time away from it will allow the back of your minds to work on its mysteries while we continue to explore?"

ehiker133 wrote:Desmond currently holds a torch procured from Wen. He happily passes it to Dhren.

Merctime wrote:Dhren now holds the torch in his left (off) hand and moves with the group now, providing light as he may for the front ranks.

Eris wrote:"Are you all ready to explore that spiral staircase?" Olaf asks, "Unless you can do something with this contraption, or there are hidden exits in the room, I think that is the next place we should go."

verhaden wrote:Torben nods and readies to follow the group down the stairs. He looks to Olaf and taps his chest. 'About as helpful as I can be concerning their kind,' he says with a shrug.

ehiker133 wrote:Since it appears a general consensus has been reached, Desmond begins heading back to the hallways with the stairwell, never leaving sight of the party, but moving at a pace that indicates haste.


This being done Dieter, Dorgan, Hiridren, Highbough, Helmut, Desmond/Mondes, Oalf, and Torben form up a new posse intent on investigating the unexplored stair.

| All posse members over to thread 67 please... |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 353

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:24 am

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

If possible, Armando retrieves the lit torch that Wen tossed through the ring, his lantern having been lost far below ... He'll then take a moment to more closely examine the panel showing the circle with the wolf-men arrayed from it.

If the torch has, in fact, already been recovered, Armando will balk at the thought of remaining here any longer in utter darkness, and immediately follow the others ...
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16506

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:29 am

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

I believe we have Armando, Josiane, and Ashtad still in the Ring Room.

Armando fetches the still-burning torch and begins his own investigation of the bass relief...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1504

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:31 am

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

Before Wen leaves the room he would want to know what the current setting is of the ring....
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 111

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

Ashtad falls in line with the group and leaves the ring room to explore that spiral staircase. "Come on Armando and Josiane its time to go, for its not good to split up in this place", says Ashtad.

Ashtad will stay alert and with a bow in hand ready for anything in this strange place.

OOC: Is there enough light at the back of the group to see.
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software