(063) The Abysmal Pit


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 1420

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:18 pm

Re: (063) The Abysmal Pit

Wen would say to Josiane and Armando. "There is Magic here amongst the debris, quickly if you can hold the shadows back Josiane we may recover these and retreat." He would then point out what to grab.....
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 5/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 325

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:01 pm

Re: (063) The Abysmal Pit

Armando scoops up what he can into a large sack, starting with the Marrowstone and Dorgan's other gear (namely flask and grappling hook), and continuing on to any spots indicated by Wen within say 5' or 10' from his present location. He will then retreat to the rope, tie the sack securely to the end of it, and make his way up the rope in an orderly fashion.

Should the prowling shadows make any move to approach, Armando naturally flees up the rope with all haste.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Posts: 416

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:10 am

Re: (063) The Abysmal Pit

Josiane grits her teeth and focuses her energies on the shadows, willing them back into the farthest, darkest corner this pit possesses...
User avatar

Posts: 16186

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:30 am

Re: (063) The Abysmal Pit

Armando grabs whatever is left of Dorgan's gear, including the Marrowstone.

However, the pair of enticing magenta glows in the mist are approximately 30ft away from Wen--nearer to the perimeter of the chamber and the restless shadows than Armando is willing to dare. One is at about 3 o'clock, and the other 6 o'clock, relative to the direction in which Dieter and Dorgan's fire spread from the center of the room.

The 10ft high "step" is 30ft away at about 8 o'clock, and some of the shadows are already beginning to seek shelter from Josiane's unbearable presence behind it...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1420

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:56 pm

Re: (063) The Abysmal Pit

ooc: Alright we've come to far to go away with nothing, again. Let's have Josiane push back the shadows, Dieter ready to attack if needed and Armando and Wen grab the 2 items and retreat.....


Wen would move forward slowly. "Josiane if you can keep that at bay Armando and I will grab these trinkets and we can all get out of this hellish pit. Ready now, slowly lets move forward with your divine radiance. Slowly..... The item their Armando" Wen would again point out the item on the left, while makes his way towards the other one.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 5/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 325

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:07 am

Re: (063) The Abysmal Pit

With some trepidation, Armando creeps over to the location indicated and grabs a whats-it from the ancient detritus before returning to the rope.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16186

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:05 pm

Re: (063) The Abysmal Pit

Wen directs Armando toward a partly hidden heap of remains, while he himself springs off in the opposite direction to swiftly reach the target of his indulgence. The chill mists curl in behind him, but part before his hungry grasp as he reaches down to pry something from the skeletal grasp of a long dead hero... the ancient leather and finger bones crumble away as his nimble fingers draw from them a sinuous and untarnished blade... and pow! | Roll for damage 1d6=4; roll to see if Wen drops the blade 1d6=6 so he hangs onto it. | Wen takes 4 hit points of damage from a jolt of green-verve but manages to hang onto the feral thing!

Meanwhile, Armando can hardly know what Wen might have been indicating, for the remains here about are merely those of a pair of mail-armoured fighting men long since deceased. They have mace and daggers and shields, and helms, and belts, and holed purses of silver, and boots, and packs, and other gear all of which appears to be in a ruinous state... he conducts the swiftest shake down the pair of corpses are ever likely to get (within a bound of the circling shadows) and, 1d6=6! his thief's intuition does not fail him! Withered leather and bone and crumbling gear all fall asunder at his searching fingers, but immediately he finds one thing most wholesome--'tis a plain golden ring upon the finger of a hand that falls apart as Armando frees the precioussss treasure from it...

| Now the ref rolls again to determine how the shadows will respond to this attempted looting; 2d6=10 so it is well for the players, for now...

What next? |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1420

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:34 pm

Re: (063) The Abysmal Pit

Wen grits his teeth in pain and makes his back to the others. As he does so he is speaking quietly in many different languages "Well sword, you've bitten me to make your point. I'll not be your master, but remember I saved you from the endless dark and I'll carry you to the one who will wield you so desist already." This is repeat in Illiberal, Serayenon, Faerie, Draconic, Dogeral, Old Elvish... As soon as possible Wen would put the sword in a sack so it can be carried with out damaging anyone.

Once back at the rope he would be ready to go up. "We should escape this hole. Deiter I think we found you a sword. It does not like my touch."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 5/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 325

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: (063) The Abysmal Pit

Once the item is safely stashed, Armando scampers back to the rope and prepares to ascend from the pit with all haste.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Posts: 416

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:49 pm

Re: (063) The Abysmal Pit

"Lord Dieter, you are injured. Please ascend first," says Josiane, still glaring at the twitching shadows; "Then Wen, then Armando, finally myself. Please make haste; I do not wish to remain a second longer in this charnel pit than I must."

She returns to her staring match with the restless dead.
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software