(084) The Churchcroft Cellar


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 1162

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:25 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron runs away, back to the boat room.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 349

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:24 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

waysoftheearth wrote:Meanwhile, down below, Lemmi hears a thud above as she stuffs the necklace into her vest, then a horrible snarl as she darts off to the nearest dark passageway. Something worrying is happening above, but right in front of her she is confronted with a dark tunnel, and it doesn't smell too good...


Lemmi pauses in the mouth of the tunnel (concealed from above, but not wanting to go too deep into the smelly hole) and waits to hear the outcome of whatever is going on above. Her eyes cannot help scanning the pile of loot for other readily-pocketable goodies while she sits, breathing rapidly.
Out of the frying pan...?
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 832

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Boggs slips into the shadow of the door-jamb, where he had been lurking with his oil-flask. He whispers: "Run, Boggsmen, run! Lure the dragon to the boat room. Use the boat for cover and kill the dragon with your spears."
"The Rat Catcher... can be nearly invisible and can move almost silently, surprising enemy on a throw of 3--6 on a six-sided die." Boggs prays the dragon will ignore him and pass him by, so he can plunder its lair!
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling.[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 220

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:35 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Brother Walfried wishes he could congratulate himself on his fine sense of direction -- instead he yells "RETREAT!" and turns and flees, hopefully in the direction of the boat room.

If he survives & the retreat goes in the right direction, he follows Boggs' orders, holding in the boat room and attacking aside the Boggsmen.
[f=4]Brother Walfried (M 9", AC 2/4, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) plate+helm, warhammer+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 342

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:25 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Morin retreats with the others!
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:21 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

The company does an abrupt about face and flees back to the boat room once more, with the dragon veritably snapping at Walfried's heels. As he dashes madly into the boat room he sees the Boggsmen somehow have the nerve about them to form a spearline behind the decrepit structure. Chiron looks ready to run for his life; Boggs and Morin are nowhere to be seen?
Pursuit

Will the dragon notice Boggs, or rush by? 1d6 (for Boggs, high is good)=4. Ooooh...

Will the Boggsmen obey Boggs' orders or flee blindly? Morale check 2d6=12! These boys are iron.

Movement speed of Walfried and the dragon are equal, so it's hot on his heals the entire way back to the boat room...

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1162

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:31 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Chiron looks for a place that provides cover from the dragon's breath weapon. Once he is "safe" from immediate attack, he EDIT: throws his lantern at the dragon.
Last edited by sully on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 220

Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Post Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Brother Walfried, fearing his end is near, resolves to die valiantly. He raises hammer and shield.

"Spread out and attack the beast!" he cries.

He attacks, trying to stay as far away from any of his comrades as possible, so that only one may be caught in the stream of its breath.

"St Wilmod and the star undying!" he cries.
[f=4]Brother Walfried (M 9", AC 2/4, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) plate+helm, warhammer+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 349

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:11 pm

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

Lemmi monitors the passage of the wyrm with some trepidation, and is more than a little pleased when it suddenly charges from the chamber.

Her eyes drift once again to the pile of loot...and fingers are quick to follow
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 832

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:05 am

Re: (084) The Churchcroft Cellar

It takes a moment for Boggs' eyes to adjust to the dim blue glow of the dragon's lair. He crosses the room to the lip of diamond-shaped hole, notices the stairs, and descends to plunder the dragon's hoard!
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling.[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software